Del Perro Pier is, as its name suggests, located in Del Perro, Los Santos. It is mainly accessed through Red Desert Avenue. Del Perro Pier is renowned for its bright, vivid colors that shine at night, giving the surrounding beaches a sort of vibe.
The pier is home to many attractions. At the end of the pier is a viewing area where one can look at the Pacific Ocean through a Telescope. Throughout the pier, there are several different restaurants and shops, including a parking lot on the pier itself. Towards the centre of the Del Perro Pier is an amusement park known as Pleasure Pier. It is most well-known for its ferris wheel and roller coaster that emit bright flashing lights at night (which the player can ride). There are also vending machines nearby that help replenish the player's health.
Due to the pier's popularity, the player should expect to see many pedestrians roaming about. They can be seen driving up to the pier, taking a walk, leaning over the rails, or watching the performers. Retreating to the pier with a wanted level leads to a dead end. A good tip to survive a firefight is to take cover in the bathrooms in the amusement park.
Events of Grand Theft Auto V
In the mission Daddy's Little Girl, after Michael De Santa smashes his son's TV, he forces Jimmy to go bike riding at the beach with him. As their ride ends at Del Perro Pier, it is revealed that Tracey was hanging out with some pornstars offshore, causing Michael to go into a rage and jump off the pier to confront his daughter and the strange men.
After saving his family from an onslaught of Merryweather agents sent in by Devin Weston to kill his family, Michael is later seen at Del Perro Pier, talking to Lester Crest about the events that had transpired at his home, and that he had told his wife and children to move out of the house for a few days for the sake of their safety. Lester tells Michael that Merryweather nor Devin Weston are short on excuses to kill him. He then questions Michael if this event changes his opinion on raiding the Union Depository, to which Michael immediately disagrees, and demands that they should get going on with doing the Big Score right away before things get hot.
Later in the game, if Franklin chooses Option C, then the mission requires Trevor to hunt down and kill Steve Haines, who is on the Ferris wheel broadcasting his TV show. Killing Steve immediately gains a wanted level.
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto Online
Further Adventures in Finance and Felony
- Headhunter – one of the possible spawn points for a stationary target is on the pier.
The Cayo Perico Heist
- Heist Prep: Fingerprint Cloner – one of the possible locations for El Rubio's Cybersecurity team's archive.
Places of Interest
Rides & Attractions
- Ferris Whale - a rideable ferris wheel based on the Pacific Wheel at Pacific Park.
- Leviathan - a roller coaster based on the West Coaster at Pacific Park.
- Drop Tower - An non-interactable drop tower.
- Feed The Pony
- Bean Machine (The Coffee Bean)
- Beefy Bill's Burger Bar
- Burger Shot (Pizza Hut)
- The Cherry Popper Ice Cream Company (Scoops Ice Cream and Treats)
- Chihuahua Hotdogs
- Cluckin' Bell (Taco Bell)
- Coast Cutters (Marlene's Beachcomber)
- Cream Pie (Funnel Cake Factory)
- Crusty Seaman Fishing Tackle (Santa Monica Pier Bait-Tackle)
- Hung Drawn & Quarters (Playland Arcade)
- Lagoon's Diner (Harbor Grill)
- Mug Shots
- Out of Towners (Bubba Gump Shrimp Company)
- Pearl's Seafood (MariaSol Restaurant)
- Sharkies Bites (Surf View Cafe)
- Soak N Spoke (Blazing Saddles)
- The Big Puffa Seafood (Surf Ranch Seafood)
- The Sea Word Souvenirs (Pier Gear)
Buildings and Details
- QUB3D and Penetrator arcade machines can be seen on the pier at Hung Drawn & Quarters, as well as an Air Hockey table; however, none of them are interactable.
- Sometimes, when switching to Trevor, the switch cutscene shows him having tied an NPC (who almost looks like Isaac Penny from The Bus Assassination mission) onto a post underneath the pier, usually wearing a business suit. Interestingly, the NPC cannot be killed by melee or flames.