|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- — Rockstar Newswire description.
- — Rockstar Newswire description.
Up to four players are set on differently colored Shotaros over a large floating platform as the arena, in what is essentially the 3D version of Don't Cross the Line. The objective of the game is to take out the rival players by using the bike's energy trail to block their paths. Any player that touches the rival bike's trail will instantly explode, losing one of their lives, the number of which can be set by the host.
The bikes are scripted to not stop completely, only to a minimum speed that is considered acceptable. If the player dies, but still has lives, they will respawn with a few seconds of invincibility. If the player falls out of the arena, they will also lose a life. Touching their own energy trail or crashing into an obstacle to stop the bike completely also makes the bike explode. The player's bike will explode only if it touches an enemy energy train, not if they collide with the rival's bike.
Once the player loses all their lives, they no longer respawn on the arena and are automatically the loser of the match once it ends, while the remaining player is considered the winner. If the time runs out, the winner is the player who has the most remaining lives of the match. If there is no way to tell the winner, a sudden death round will be activated. In this phase, participants must stay within an area called Sudden Death Zone, represented by a dome (similar to Penned In); if a player leaves the area, they will be eliminated.
Taking part in one round of Deadline unlocks the decommissioned Shotaro for purchase on Legendary Motorsport and the outfits in any clothing store, whether the player wins or loses.
Players have three different power-ups, which are placed randomly in the arena and can be picked up; they can give an advantage during the match if used correctly. The power-ups are:
|The player's bike receives a speed boost, allowing them to block the rival player's path more quickly.|
|Allows the player to slow down time, allowing them better control over their bikes. This power-up lasts for five seconds.|
|Gives the player's bike the ability to jump, allowing them to avoid enemy energy trails.|
|Deadline I: is located above Pillbox Hill.|
|Deadline II: is located above the runway of Los Santos International Airport.|
|Deadline III: is located at the Vinewood Sign, Vinewood Hills.|
|Deadline IV: is located above the Sandy Shores Airfield, Sandy Shores.|
|Deadline V: is located above Terminal.|
|Deadline VI: is located above Lake Vinewood, Vinewood Hills.|
|Deadline VII: is located above the El Gordo Lighthouse, Mount Gordo.|
|Added as part of the continuation of the The Cayo Perico Heist update, on June 24, 2021, during the Deadline Week event.|
|Deadline VIII: is located slightly above the Vinewood Racetrack.|
|Deadline IX: is located above Pillbox Hill.|
|Deadline X: is located above the Del Perro Pier.|
|Deadline XI: is located above Terminal.|
|Deadline XII: is located above the Galileo Observatory.|
|Deadline XIII: is located above east Alamo Sea.|
|Deadline XIV: is located above the Palmer-Taylor Power Station and the surrounding area.|
- Possibly due to internet connection issues and/or lag, when a player respawns, the bike could immediately explode. It may also happen continuously.
- If the player is on the Green Team.
- If the player is on the Orange Team.
- If the player is on the Purple Team.
- If the player is on the Pink Team.
- The Shotaro will have unique effects not seen in Freemode, such as a unique horn and unique static effects on its wheels.
- The absence of those unique effects is explained in its Legendary Motorsport description. 
- This Adversary Mode is based on the light cycle games in the Tron franchise.
- Deadline I on Social Club
- Deadline II on Social Club
- Deadline III on Social Club
- Deadline IV on Social Club
- Deadline V on Social Club
- Deadline VI on Social Club
- Deadline VII on Social Club
- Deadline VIII on Social Club
- Deadline IX on Social Club
- Deadline X on Social Club
- Deadline XI on Social Club
- Deadline XII on Social Club
- Deadline XIII on Social Club
- Deadline XIV on Social Club
- New DEADLINE Mode and Shotaro Bike - Plus Special Bonuses in GTA Online. Rockstar Newswire (November 8, 2016).
- Quote: “Note: the production model has had all offensive and defensive capabilities decommissioned, including the energy trail.”
- — Excerpt from the Shotaro's Legendary Motorsport description.
- Game files: In the game's script, the Adversary Mode is codenamed "DCTL", which stands for "Don't Cross The Line".