Crowfest '98 is a benefit concert held in Liberty City Stadium in 1998, during the events of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. It is sponsored by the Liberty Tree, a radio ad for the concert can be heard on Flashback FM, and cannot be watched by the player. Its taglines are "More a way of life than a festival really" and "Making charity history", a play on Live Aid's "Make poverty history". The concert is also promoted on Liberty City Free Radio during the "Breathing World" segment.
The concert features English musician Crow and a few other acts, the names of which are references to real-life bands and performers. It is held in three stages: the Woodland Stage, the Lazer Boyz Stage and the World Orchestra Stage. A complete lineup is listed below.
- MegaFairy (Megadeth)
- The Soapdodgers (Soundgarden)
- Poshkid Puddlewater Revival (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
- Millenium Spaceship (Jefferson Starship)
- Von Crappe Family (The Sound of Music 's Von Trapp family)
- The Why (The Who)
Lazer Boyz Stage
- Crow (Sting)
- Porcelain Throne
- Wizard's Sleeve (Font Similar To KISS)
- Country Joe Magic
- Psyche-Delia & Friends
- The Runestone Cowboy (Rhinestone Cowboy)
World Orchestra Stage
- The Elements
- Dr. Dreyfuss and Emma (Dr. Dre and Eminem)
- Didon't (Dido)
- Ethnic Majority
Male announcer: One man...
Crow: Are you wankers ready to rock and roll?
Male announcer: Eighty ethnically diverse backup singers...
Crow: I brought an entire indigenous tribe with me today!
Male announcer: A blinding laser light show! Coming to Liberty City Memorial Stadium, it's an 82 minute celebration of America from Britain - Crow!
Crow: Are you ready for some Crow, Liberty City?
Male announcer: It's Crowfest '98. You'll hear songs such as "Cloud in Kenya", "Rainforest Night Blues", "Moon Over the Manatee" and "Tantric Boogie". Crowfest!
Crow: Off with the undies ladies, Crow's in town!
Male announcer: Love will give you legs, and give your wallet wings! Featuring the only live on-stage performance of a whale song duet!
Crow: And this next show I'm gonna do here is with my penis code.
Male announcer: All proceeds go to the Crow Foundation, dedicated to profiting from indigenous music. Tickets are on sale now.
- Crow himself resembles the pedestrian commonly believed to resemble the singer Kurt Cobain in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, albeit without crow's makeup.
- This concert might refer to the concert venue Woodstock '99, which was also divided into three stages; West Stage, East Stage and Emerging Artists Stage. The concert is also similar to Ozzfest, since both events were founded by a British singer.