- "Mike was supposed to torch some place in the mall, but he screwed the fuses and now the cops are crawling all over it."
- ― Lance Vance
At the Vercetti Estate, Mike and Lance are arguing about a failed bomb detonation at the Tarbrush Café in the North Point Mall. Tommy arrives and Lance explains the situation. Lance wants to abandon the detonation as the police are now surrounding the area but Tommy decides they can detonate the bomb themselves by posing as police officers to get to the mall. Over at Vice Point, Tommy and Lance ambush two officers and steal their uniforms. The duo head to the mall, where Tommy walks past the police presence at the café. Tommy detonates the bomb and the café blows up. This explosion alerts the FBI (thus causing a 5-star wanted level) but Tommy manages to evade them and heads back to the Vercetti Estate with Lance.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get a wanted level so the cops will follow you into the lock-up.
- Get two cops to follow you into the garage.
- Take a cop car and go and plant the bomb at the Tarbush Coffee Shop in the Mall.
- Get back to Vercetti Estate on Starfish Island.
- Despite Tommy stating that they will need a squad car, the player can take a civilian vehicle to the mall. This can make escape from the police easier as law enforcement vehicles cannot be resprayed at Pay 'n' Sprays, except for VCPD Cheetahs.
The reward for completing this mission is $10,000 and the mission Cap the Collector is unlocked provided the asset missions for at least five other properties are completed with the Print Works being mandatory. This mission completes the asset strand for the Vercetti Estate, which will now generate a revenue of up to $5,000. The player can also obtain the Cop Outfit from the Washington Beach Police Station.
- Lance carrying a Stubby Shotgun is a reference to Miami Vice. Lance's voice actor, Philip Michael Thomas, occasionally carries the same model shotgun.
- No matter what clothes the player is wearing, when the mission is triggered, Tommy will be wearing the Street Outfit.
- If Lance is still inside the coffee store when it explodes, he will safely respawn next to Tommy when gameplay resumes.
- The name of the mission is likely a nod towards the 1997 Sylvester Stallone film, Cop Land, which starred Ray Liotta, the actor who voiced Tommy Vercetti.
- After getting the cop outfit, the player cannot gain a wanted level until the café is blown up.
- However, if the player manages to kill the two soldiers guarding the café before setting the bomb, a 4-star wanted level will be triggered and the on-screen text will say that Tommy's cover "has blown", making the mission more challenging, as nearby police officers will immediately turn hostile as if they are alerted by the explosion of the café. This is confirmed on the PC and mobile version.
- Mike's lips do not move during the opening cutscene.