|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "For a whole generation of the San Andreas elite, this isn't just a car. From the onboard champagne cooler to the suede back seat where you pawed your first gold digger - The Pfister Comet was something that made you who you are. And now, thanks to Benny reinventing it as a gnarly, riveted urban dragster, it'll be broadcasting your escalating midlife crisis for years to come."
- ―Benny's Original Motor Works description.
The Pfister Comet Retro Custom is a custom variant of the Comet, featured in Grand Theft Auto Online as part of the Import/Export update, released on December 22nd, 2016, during the Festive Surprise 2016 event.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- "This isn't just a mid-life crisis."
- ―Rockstar Newswire description.
The Comet Retro Custom is heavily based on the Ruf Turbo R, while also taking influence from the 1980s Porsche 911S. The curving of the rear and shape of the rear lights may also be based on the Porsche 928.
The Comet Retro Custom is a retro body-kitted variant of the Comet, with traditional headlamps and shortened front and rear end. A distinctive feature of this car are the extended bolt-on arches, front end and side skirts, giving it a wider profile. The overall appearance of the vehicle is rather similar to the 3D Universe Comet, while keeping the general profile of the HD Universe version, mainly the Grand Theft Auto IV iteration.
The Comet Retro Custom will invariably have a gold color on its rims and interior, while the secondary color will be assigned to the upper side of the vehicle (hood, roof and rear section).
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto Online
Similar to the relationship between the Elegy RH8 and Elegy Retro Custom, the Comet Retro Custom becomes slightly slower after the conversion at Benny's Original Motor Works. Many features are retained from the standard Comet, including its wheelspin and generally loose handling. The vehicle is hard to handle, as hard turns often cause the back end to spin out. The acceleration is delayed due to wheelspin off the line, while the top speed is not outstanding. The Comet Retro Custom is not very suitable for competitive racing due to its lacking performance; however it is still generally decent in the Sports class.
Contrary to the Comet's single cam V8, the Comet Retro Custom sports a V6 engine with a similar layout of that of the Comet's one. It also has two radiators and the engine's set of timing belt and pulleys are very similar to that of the Fränken Stange and a few others.
GTA Online Overview
(0-60 mph in Seconds)
(mph / kmh)
(FWD / RWD / AWD)
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||94 / 152||5||N/A||RWD||1200 / 2646||60|
|N/A||N/A||5||V6 (In-game model)||RWD||Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed|
Grand Theft Auto Online
|This section contains insufficient information and is considered as a Section stub. You can help the GTA Wiki by expanding it as much as you can.|
Requiring improvement: Images for modifications.
|Armor Upgrade 20%||$7,500|
|Armor Upgrade 40%||$12,000|
|Armor Upgrade 60%||$20,000|
|Armor Upgrade 80%||$35,000|
|Armor Upgrade 100%||$50,000|
|Bumpers||Front Bumpers||Stock Front Bumper||$2,200|
|Secondary Color Bumper||$4,600|
|Secondary Color Street Bumper||$11,700|
|Mk2 Street Bumper||$14,500|
|Secondary Mk2 Street Bumper||$14,700|
|Mk1 Track Bumper||$14,900|
|Secondary Mk1 Track Bumper||$15,100|
|Mk2 Track Bumper||$15,300|
|Secondary Mk2 Track Bumper||$15,500|
|Mk3 Track Bumper||$15,700|
|Secondary Mk3 Track Bumper||$15,900|
|Mk4 Track Bumper||$16,100|
|Secondary Mk4 Track Bumper||$16,300|
|Mk1 Race Bumper||$16,500|
|Secondary Mk1 Race Bumper||$16,700|
|Mk2 Race Bumper||$16,900|
|Secondary Mk2 Race Bumper||$17,100|
|Mk3 Race Bumper||$17,300|
|Secondary Mk3 Race Bumper||$17,500|
|Rear Bumpers||Stock Rear Bumper||$2,200|
|Secondary & Small Diffuser||$7,400|
|Secondary & Large Diffuser||$14,500|
|Engine||Strut Braces||Basic Strut Brace||$10,500|
|Polished Strut Brace||$16,800|
|Carbon Strut Brace||$17,850|
|Medium Polished Strut Brace||$18,900|
|Medium Titanium Strut Brace||$19,950|
|Titanium Strut Brace||$21,000|
|Triangulated Strut Brace||$21,525|
|Wide Titanium Strut Brace||$22,049|
|Large Polished Strut Brace||$22,575|
|Stickerbomb Strut Brace||$23,100|
|Polished Twin Bar Strut Brace||$23,625|
|Extreme Billet Strut Brace||$24,150|
|Lightened Racing Strut Brace||$24,674|
|Engine Tunes||EMS Upgrade, Level 1||$9,000|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 2||$12,500|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 3||$18,000|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 4||$33,500|
|Chrome Tip Exhaust||$750|
|Titanium Tuner Exhaust||$1,800|
|Big Bore Exhaust||$3,000|
|Secondary Vented Arches||$1,500|
|Secondary & Carbon Vents||$2,750|
|Full Carbon Arches||$3,300|
|Carbon & Primary Vents||$3,900|
|Carbon & Secondary Vents||$4,350|
|Chrome Hood Catches||$4,640|
|Angled Hood Catches||$4,930|
|Straight Hood Catches||$5,220|
|Large Grill Hood||$3,000|
|Secondary Large Grill Hood||$5,000|
|Carbon Large Grill Hood||$8,000|
|Secondary Street Hood||$11,000|
|Carbon Street Hood||$11,600|
|Secondary Ducted Hood||$12,400|
|Carbon Ducted Hood||$12,400|
|Horns||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Horns||-|
|Interior||Main article: Benny's Original Motor Works/Interior||-|
|Trim Design||Stock Trim||$3,100|
|Primary Color Sunstrip||$4,960|
|Secondary Color Sunstrip||$5,270|
|Semi Stripped Interior||$31,110|
|Race Dash & Stripped Interior||$32,940|
|Flocked Dash & Stripped||$34,770|
|Carbon Dash & Stripped Interior||$36,600|
|Dial Design||Stock Dials||$11,000|
|Pod Mounted Tacho||$17,600|
|Pod Tacho & Dash Gauges||$18,700|
|Race Display & Gauges||$20,900|
|Mk2 Race Display||$22,000|
|Mk2 Race Display & Gauges||$22,550|
|Mk3 Race Display||$23,099|
|Mk3 Race Display & Gauges||$23,650|
|Aluminum Panel Doorcards||$13,600|
|Carbon Panel Doorcards||$14,450|
|Secondary Color Doorcards||$15,300|
|Primary Color Doorcards||$16,150|
|Aluminum Race Doorcards||$17,000|
|Carbon Race Doorcards||$17,425|
|Painted Sports Seats||$13,430|
|Carbon Sports Seats||$14,220|
|Ballistic Fibre Sports Seats||$15,010|
|Painted Tuner Seats||$15,800|
|Carbon Tuner Seats||$16,195|
|Ballistic Fibre Tuner Seats||$16,590|
|Painted Bucket Seats||$16,985|
|Carbon Bucket Seats||$17,380|
|Ballistic Fibre Bucket Seats||$17,775|
|Painted Track Seats||$18,170|
|Carbon Track Seats||$18,565|
|Ballistic Fibre Track Seats||$18,960|
|Carbon Race Seats||$19,355|
|Steering Wheels||Stock Wheel||$9,000|
|Street Half Cage||$1,100|
|Dash Dodger Cage||$1,350|
|Padded Dash Dodger Cage||$1,500|
|Full Roll Cage||$2,750|
|Padded Full Roll Cage||$3,600|
|Neon Kits||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Lights||-|
|Respray||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Respray Colors||-|
|Full Primary Skirt||$5,500|
|Full Secondary Skirt||$8,000|
|Full Carbon Skirt||$10,500|
|Carbon Insert Skirt||$14,000|
|Secondary w/ Carbon Insert||$14,500|
|Secondary w/ Primary Insert||$15,000|
|Primary w/ Secondary Insert||$15,500|
|Carbon w/ Primary Insert||$16,000|
|Carbon w/ Secondary Insert||$16,500|
|Color Coded Wing||$7,050|
|High Level Spoiler||$14,000|
|Carbon Wing Type II||$16,500|
|High Level GT Wing||$17,000|
|Extreme Downforce BGW||$17,500|
|Wheels||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Wheels||-|
|Main article: Benny's Original Motor Works/Wheels||-|
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Several liveries include multiple conflicting brands, for example iFruit and Facade both appearing on the Retro Racer livery and Xero and Globe Oil both appearing on the Xero Gas livery.
- The Globe Oil livery is based on the Martini Porsche 911 RSR.
- The Xero Gas livery is based on the Navision Porsche 911 GT2.
- The advertisement it is seen in parodies the styling of actual Porsche ads, even going far enough to use a similar font.
- Similar to the Fränken Stange and a few other vehicles, the Comet's engine and exhaust tips shake around inside the engine bay when the player revs the engine. It is most visible with the exhaust tips when starting the engine.
- The vehicle's stock rims are a variant of the Ruff Weld rims available at Los Santos Customs.
- The name Ruff Weld is based on Rauh-Welt Begriff and RUF.
- The default radio station for the Comet Retro Custom is Non-Stop-Pop FM.
- The driver-side window has a minor modelling issue, as part of the glass appears to be dented.
- Several liveries are off-center, which can be seen from the hood. In addition, some liveries are aparallel, for example the Meinmacht livery, which is higher on one side.
- Elegy Retro Custom - Another "retro" Benny's vehicle added in the Import/Export update for Grand Theft Auto Online.