|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Compete to collect the most checkpoints in the given time"
- ―Mission description.
- "Compete with all your Freemode competitors in a mad dash across southern San Andreas. Who will be the first to race or fly through all the designated checkpoints for fame, fortune and reputation?"
- ―http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire Rockstar Games Newswire].
Checkpoints allows players to compete in collecting checkpoints located around a quarter of the San Andreas State, both on land and out at sea.
120 checkpoints will appear on the radar, spread out across one quarter of the State of San Andreas. The objective is simple: collect the most amount of checkpoints in the 6 minute time limit.
Players will be rewarded cash per checkpoint collecting, varying between $750 and $1,500 each, checkpoints are the same checkpoint icons used in Air Checkpoints. They will only be located on ground or out at sea.
Just like many other Freemode Events, mostly the Freemode Challenges, the top three players with the highest scores will be listed in the gold/silver/bronze interface which appears in the Freemode Challenges, along with their score, the amount of checkpoints left and the time remaining.
The winner of first place will win an additional $4,500 on top of their earnings for the total checkpoints collected. Second place wins $4,000, and third place wins [amount].
In Checkpoints, players cannot use air vehicles to collect checkpoints. The player cannot checkpoints if they are in Passive Mode
|This section contains insufficient information and is considered as a Section stub. You can help the GTA Wiki by expanding it as much as you can.|
Requiring improvement: With 480 possible Checkpoint locations, we need plenty more.
- Behind the Vespucci Beach lifeguard tower, at the very southern point of the beach.
- Within the amusement rights of Del Perro Pier.
- Between the two Lombank buildings in Little Seoul.
- On the foundations of the third building in the La Puerta Apartments construction site complex.
- After the Stunt Jump on the northern side of the Korean Plaza in Little Seoul.
- Outside Rockford Hills Police Station.
- Underneath the FIB Headquarters on Power Street, within the construction zone in the center of the road.
- Outside the rear car park entrance to the Union Depository.
- Within the Los Santos Golf Club (x2)
- In the RON gas station in Morningwood.
- Near the Vespucci Movie Masks store at Vespucci Beach Sidewalk.
|Checkpoints will begin shortly in the [Location]. Compete to collect the most checkpoints in the given time. You will receive cash and RP for each checkpoint collected.|
|Collect checkpoints for cash and RP. All participating players will receive a bonus if all checkpoints are collected.|
|Checkpoints may be collected on foot or in a land or sea vehicle.|
|You can temporarily view the expanded Radar by tapping / twice to see the locations of the remaining checkpoints more clearly.|
|These checkpoints cannot be collected in an air vehicle.|
|Checkpoints cannot be collected if removed from an event by entering passive mode.|
|Checkpoints may not be collected in passive mode.|
- As most of the checkpoint locations are relatively spread out and in enclosed spaces, using a fast motorcycle may provide better agility.
Most of the checkpoints are located on land, and those that are located in water are generally within a small distance from the shoreline. It's generally best to avoid wasting time reaching the shoreline checkpoints, although if needs be, the player can simply swim to reach these, or alternatively risk drowning their vehicle - some vehicles, such as the Guardian and Half-track can tolerate a very deep amount of water, making them more suitable to reach these quickly. These two vehicles are also suitable for off-road usage, and the Guardian has relatively good road performance.
Looking to bag Checkpoints at sea and on land quickly? Grab an amphibious vehicle. Know your vehicles:
The Blazer Aqua is handy for snatching Checkpoints in cramped spaces.
The Technical Aqua is a balanced vehicle with an average machine gun for a gunner.
The APC is an armored vehicle with a powerful cannon. Use it whenever you can.
The Stromberg is a fast land vehicle.
If a Checkpoint has a huge fight near it, grab an armored vehicle or get ready to kill.
- Checkpoints can often take several seconds to register as collected, even despite the checkpoint corona itself disappearing immediately.
- Both Checkpoints and Air Checkpoints are known as "Checkpoint Collection" (CPC) in the game files.
- It should be noted that while the four possible locations are strictly within the four quarters of the map (NE, NW, SE, SW), there is a small overlap between each quarter in either direction.