|Be warned that using cheats may cause unintended side effects, disable achievements, and/or hinder game progress.|
Use cheats at your own risk.
This page shows all the available cheats in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. They are activated by a button/key combination. Cheats can be inputted into the game at anytime during gameplay, including in the pause menu. For the Xbox 360 version, all black and white buttons are equivalent to the right and left bumpers. A successful input of a cheat, either activated or deactivated, will display a "Cheat activated" message. The usage of most cheats will decrease the criminal rankings by 1,000 points. Cars will only spawn on the closest car path node, not in front of the player. Attempting to save the game after inputting certain cheats will pop up a screen warning the player not to save the game after inputting cheats. Some cheats can be disabled by reinputting the cheat code, some can be disabled by reloading the game, but only the pedestrian hate and riot cheats are permanent and cannot be reversed if the game is saved while the cheat is active. These pedestrian-related cheats can hinder progress during missions.
|Replenish player health; if driving vehicle, replenish health and fixes tires of vehicle||aspirine|
|Replenish player armor||preciousprotection|
|Basic weapons set (Brass Knuckles, Baseball Bat, Molotov Cocktails, Pistol, Chrome Shotgun, Tec 9, Ruger, Sniper Rifle, Flamethrower)||thugstools|
|Intermediate weapons set (Katana, Detonator Grenade, .357, Stubby Shotgun, Mac 10, M4, .308 Sniper, Rocket Launcher)||professionaltools|
|Advanced weapons set (Chainsaw, Grenades, .357, S.P.A.S. 12, MP5, M4, .308 Sniper, Minigun)||nuttertools|
|Spawn a Sabre Turbo||gettherefast|
|Spawn a Caddy||betterthanwalking|
|Spawn a Romero's Hearse||thelastride|
|Spawn a Trashmaster||rubbishcar|
|Spawn Love Fist||rockandrollcar|
|Spawn a Rhino (On android, it spawns a random car instead of the tank)||panzer|
|Spawn a Hotring Racer (variant 1)||getthereamazinglyfast|
|Spawn a Hotring Racer (variant 2)||getthereveryfastindeed|
|Spawn a Bloodring Banger (Glendale variant)||gettherequickly|
|Spawn a Bloodring Banger (Oceanic variant)||travelinstyle|
|All traffic cars are black||iwantitpaintedblack|
|All traffic cars are pink||ahairdresserscar|
|All traffic lights are green||greenlight|
|Blow up/explode/destroy all vehicles, excluding police-controlled helicopters and NPC Dodo||bigbang|
|Cars can drive/hover over water||seaways|
|Low gravity for cars, cars control like plane in air||comeflywithme|
|Low gravity for boats, boats control like plane in air||n/a||airship||n/a|
|Only the wheels of cars are visible||wheelsareallineed|
|Various changes to vehicle properties, including wheel size, top speed, acceleration, and handling.||loadsoflittlethings|
|Increase grip on ground, boost jump ability in all cars, disables unique stunt jumps||gripiseverything|
|Commit suicide or, with sufficiently high health, suffer major loss of health||icanttakeitanymore|
|Increase wanted level by two stars||youwonttakemealive|
|Remove all wanted level|
(on Android, lower wanted level by two stars)
|Police come back to life after being killed||n/a||n/a|
|Vercetti Gang will become girls in bikinis with M4s||chickswithguns|
|Gives Tommy thin arms/legs||n/a||programmer||n/a|
|Gives Tommy thick arms/legs||n/a||deepfriedmarsbars||n/a|
|Women will be attracted to and follow Tommy||fannymagnet|
|Nearby pedestrians will enter Tommy's vehicle||n/a||hopingirl||n/a|
|Increase game speed by 2, up to x4 normal speed||onspeed|
|Decrease game speed by half, down to x0.25 normal speed||booooooring|
|Speed up game clock||lifeispassingmeby|
|Makes Tommy smoke a cigarette||n/a||certaindeath||n/a|
|Pedestrians carry weapons (Pistol, Nitestick, Golf Club, Tec 9)||ourgodgivenrighttobeararms|
|Pedestrians hate Tommy (irreversible)||nobodylikesme|
|Pedestrian riot (irreversible)||fightfightfight|
|Shows media level when previous media level is beaten||chasestat|
|Play as a pedestrian||stilllikedressingup|
|Play as Candy Suxxx||iwantbigtits|
|Play as Hilary King||ilooklikehilary|
|Play as Ken Rosenberg||mysonisalawyer|
|Play as Lance Vance||looklikelance|
|Play as Love Fist character Dick||weloveourdick|
|Play as Love Fist character Jezz Torrent||rockandrollman|
|Play as Mercedes Cortez||foxylittlething|
|Play as Phil Cassidy||onearmedbandit|
|Play as Ricardo Diaz||cheatshavebeencracked|
|Play as Sonny Forelli||idonthavethemoneysonny|
- The effects of the Peds Riot cheat extend to gang members, including people from the Vercetti Gang and the army troops stationed at Fort Baxter Air Base. However, they cause little damage to each other, while Tommy himself suffers no damage from Vercetti-affiliated people.
- The cheat for black traffic in the PC version is "iwantitpaintedblack". It's a reference to the 1966 song "Paint It Black" by The Rolling Stones. Furthermore, a line in the song is "I see a line of cars and they're all painted black".
- If the player starts a mission with a "Play as" cheat activated (except "Play as a pedestrian" cheat), Tommy will assume the appearance of that character during cutscenes.
- When the "Play as a pedestrian" cheat is active, if the player attacks an NPC, the latter's reaction (whether they fight back or run away) will depend on the pedestrian model used by the player.
- Although some cheats cannot be reversed during gameplay, the cheat that speeds up gameplay can be completely deactivated by entering a mission, even something as simple as a Vigilante mission.
- Using the 'explode all vehicles' cheat repeatedly in the pause menu will cause the vehicles to explode, then keep exploding repeatedly, sending them flying upwards.
- If the Basic Weapons cheat is already enabled and the player enters one of the other two cheats, the Brass Knuckles will remain in the player's inventory until Tommy gets killed.