|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
Cats are pet animals that are featured in Grand Theft Auto V.
Another cat is seen in a new screenshot of Michael standing next to a Coquette Classic. It is an orange, fat cat, seen at the bottom-right of the shot. Judging by its condition, and its appearance in Michael's mansion, suggests that it may be a family-owned pet, since a stray cat would be a lot slimmer and dirtier in appearance.
- In Grand Theft Auto V, the player can play as a cat, along with other animals like dogs and birds, if they consume a peyote plant. This is only available on Xbox One/PS4/PC.
- A cat can be heard meowing during the end of the commercial for Pets Overnight in Grand Theft Auto III.
- In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, a picture of a white cat is hung on the wall in CJ's room in the Johnson House, possibly implying that it was at one point the Johnson family's pet. The same cat picture can also be found in other houses in the game. The same picture can be seen in the Journalist's apartment in Rockstar's Manhunt.
- In Grand Theft Auto IV, inside the apartment complexes in Northwood, North Holland and East Holland, like one next door to Playboy X's Penthouse, there is a missing cat poster with the heading "Have you seen my adorable Pussy", which that could be the cat's name. It plays on the double entendre that 'Pussy' is slang for both 'cat' and 'vagina'.
- Cats (along with dogs) can be sometimes heard in the game's ambiance noises in Grand Theft Auto IV, but they cannot be physically seen in the game.