Cash Registers are static objects in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.
Cash registers first appear in GTA: Vice City but are non-interactive, as the player commits robberies by aiming a weapon at the shopkeeper.
In GTA: San Andreas, cash registers can be destroyed by being shot at. They will drop money, but this cannot be picked up.
In GTA: Vice City Stories, cash registers are non-interactive, though they can be destroyed to threaten the clerk into dropping their cash.
In GTA IV, cash registers can be opened to steal various amounts of money, though doing so will usually grant the player a wanted level.
In GTA V, cash registers can either be shot at or the player can threaten the store owner to open the machine.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Ryton Aide and any other Drugstores scattered around Vice City
- Jewelry Stores
- Well Stacked Pizza Stores
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Convenience Stores, Supermarkets and Butchers/Delis
- King Knuts
Grand Theft Auto IV
- All TW@ Internet Cafes
- All Laundromats scattered around Liberty City and Alderney
- Russian Clothes Shop, Hove Beach, Broker (cannot be opened)
- Modo Clothing Store, North Holland, Algonquin
- The Korean store damaged during "Bull in a China Shop", but only accessible through glitch or modifications
Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online
- 24/7 Stores (some stores do not have accessible interiors)
- Limited Service stores
- Liquor Ace (can only be robbed in GTA online)
- Rob's Liquor Stores
- Scoops Liquor Barn
- Sub Urban, Checkout! and Binco stores.
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online
GTA San Andreas
- Interestingly enough, all cash registers found in all fast food units will have the screen reading "Burger Shot" and listing products from The Well Stacked Pizza Co. ("Double D-Lux" and "The Buster", specifically).