Cash Registers are static objects in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.
Cash registers first appear in GTA: Vice City but are non-interactive, as the player commits robberies by aiming a weapon at the shopkeeper.
In GTA: San Andreas, cash registers can be destroyed by being shot at. They will drop money, but this cannot be picked up.
In GTA: Vice City Stories, cash registers are non-interactive, though they can be destroyed to intimidate the cashier. Destroying the shop will result in the cashier handing over approximately $100.
In GTA IV, cash registers can be opened to steal various amounts of money, though doing so will usually grant the player a wanted level.
In GTA V, cash registers can either be shot at or the player can threaten the store owner to open the machine.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Ryton Aide and any other Drugstores scattered around Vice City
- Jewelry Stores
- Well Stacked Pizza Stores
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Convenience Stores, Supermarkets and Butchers/Delis
- King Knuts
Grand Theft Auto IV
- All TW@ Internet Cafes
- All Laundromats scattered around Liberty City and Alderney
- Russian Clothes Shop, Hove Beach, Broker (cannot be opened)
- Modo Clothing Store, North Holland, Algonquin
- The Korean store damaged during "Bull in a China Shop", but only accessible through glitch or modifications
Grand Theft Auto V
- 24/7 Stores (some stores do not have accessible interiors)
- Limited Service stores
- Liquor Ace (can only be robbed in GTA online)
- Rob's Liquor Stores
- Scoops Liquor Barn
- Sub Urban, Checkout! and Binco stores.
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Grand Theft Auto V
GTA San Andreas
- Interestingly enough, all cash registers found in all fast food units will have the screen reading "Burger Shot" and listing products from The Well Stacked Pizza Co. ("Double D-Lux" and "The Buster", specifically).