- "Cash is king in this town. Solve your money problem and help get what you want across Los Santos and Blaine County with the occasional purchase of cash packs for Grand Theft Auto Online. All purchased cash is automatically deposited into your character’s bank account. Spend wisely, cash therapy is fleeting."
- ―Card description on the Playstation Store/Xbox Market.
Imaging Voice: "In the sea, there are big fish and there are little fish. The same is true on land. But which are you? Isn't it the time to define yourself? At Shark, we have different Shark credit cards based on your level of insecurity. Let your credit card color define you. Go on a shopping spree with the Red Shark card! The Great White Shark is a beast of a card! Everyone in the restaurant will see it and know you are the ultimate predator. Tiger Shark is for the flamboyant spender. The Bull Shark - for the violent, aggressive predator who hunts in all kinds of environments. Or there's the charitable Basking Shark, the card for the slow-moving liberal with no teeth. Shark - for the apex predator."
- Despite their success, the cards have received negative reviews from many players due to Cash Cards being part of microtransactions within the game.
- When first launched, the card design branded them as Maze Bank cards, with a slightly different design.
- Originally, Grand Theft Auto Online launched with only the Red Shark, Tiger Shark, Bull Shark and Great White Shark Cards available. Due to a batch of previously added DLC content, the Whale Shark Card was added in December 2013, with the Megalodon Shark Card added in March 2014 to boost the in-game economy for players in tandem with the newly purchasable items.
- The curved shape of the Shark Cards resemble that issued by British credit card company Mint, known for their humorous advertisements during the mid-2000s.