Carlos, also known as Carl, is a minor character in Grand Theft Auto III.
Carl is a loan shark and the former lover of Marty Chonks' wife. Marty owes money to Carl and Carl agrees to meet him at the Bitch'n' Dog Food Factory, he successfully avoids Marty's trap by killing him with a concealed shotgun, effectively taking over Marty's business. Claude can kill Carl as he walks away from Marty's corpse, but his death has no impact on the storyline. However, the Love Media website suggests that the conglomerate owns the Bitchin' Dog Food Factory.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- Grand Theft Auto III
- Her Lover (can be killed after the mission)
- Although he is referred as "Carl" by Marty in a mission cutscene, his full name is revealed to be Carlos. In the PC version of the game, if the player abandons him, the on-screen message will read "You have left Carlos the loan shark behind!".
- Carl does not have his own character model and uses a pedestrian skin seen frequently in Aspatria, Staunton Island.
- In the Definitive Edition of GTA III, because Carlos, Marty and Mrs. Chonks are using pedestrian skins, these characters have the ability to appear wearing randomised variations of their default attires (e.g. with and without a cap for Carlos).
- Marty Chonks: "Turns out my wife was seeing some guy I owe money to. He's got real angry and he's looking for payback!" (from the Her Lover mission)
- Carl: "Marty sent you huh? Ok, I'm gonna show that creep the meaning of the word business." (from the Her Lover mission)
- Carl: "It's far too late for that Marty. You had your chance, but now I'm taking over the business..." (from the Her Lover mission)
- Love Media website. Love Media and Rockstar Games.