- "Yo, a Federal Reserve flight just smashed down at Francis International. There's platinum all over the strip. Get a car and snatch up as much as you can. You can drop the bling off at one of my garages."
- ― D-Ice
D-Ice wants Claude to collect some platinum bullion pieces that a plane had scattered around Pike Creek. However, note that although D-Ice says that a Federal Reserve flight crashed at Francis International and the bullion was scattered over the strip (supposedly the airstrip), you will not find any plane crashed at the airport and the bullion was actually scattered around the streets of Pike Creek, not the 'strip'.
Claude eventually drives to the area, and has 6 minutes to collect platinum pieces, his vehicle becoming heavier the more platinum that is collected. Claude can collect the bullion only on a vehicle, not on foot, and his vehicle of choice will penalize speed down the more it carries. Large vehicles will have a smaller penalty and smaller vehicles can still have good speed regarding the penalty.
The platinum pieces he picks up are then dropped off at D-Ice's garage just east of the location.
After collecting five pieces of bullion in quick succession, one star is added to Claude's wanted level, regardless of currently having one, and another star after the next ten. It is cleared upon entering the lock-up though.
Depositing 30 or more pieces, Claude pass the mission.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get a vehicle
- Head to the location where the cargo is scattered, you need to collect 30 pieces of bullion
- Drop off the bullion at D-Ice's lockup
- There's exactly 90 platinum pieces scattered around the streets, but you don't have to get them all, just 30 pieces are needed to pass the mission.
- Once you pass the mark of 30 deposited pieces, the mission stops and you automatically pass it.
- Depositing pieces in the garage not only makes you move normally again, it also clears your wanted level. So move towards the garage before you rack up too much load.
- You lose your wanted level once you finish the mission. So if you're about to pass the mark of 30, rush to the garage even if you're under heavy fire!
- If you want to collect all the 90 platinum bullion pieces, then you have to use a Rhino. It is the only possible way.
- You will fire the cannon of this tank pointing backwards, so you will gain the speed to accelerate when navigating the streets with the heavy load of platinum. You will wreak havoc around the city killing many pedestrians.
- You will get 6 wanted stars both because you are causing mayhem around the city and because you are picking too many platinum pieces without depositing them (remember, once you deposit 30 or more the mission finishes, you are trying to collect them all).
- Thus the tank is the only option, as you will be rammed by enemy tanks which would destroy you if you were to use any other vehicle.
- You may have to pass more than once through the same street to collect all its pieces, but luckily the cannon will pull you through it.
- Oddly, the tank moves normally if you drive backwards, as if it hadn't any load, so don't worry if you have to pull back to escape from an enclosed area, as you would actually move faster than if you drive forwards.
- Random pedestrians in the streets may pull you off your tank, so you may have to try a few times to pass the mission in this way.
- If you still haven't unlocked the Rhino in the Import/Export side-quest, the way to get one is attaining 6 wanted stars. Stay close to your safehouse (preferably the one in Staunton) while fighting against the police (so as to regularly consume the pick ups you gained as rewards from other side-quests), and wait until a tank appears, kill its crew and save the tank inside the safehouse's garage. Save the game and immediately load it, you would have now shaken the cops and have the tank ready in your garage to start this mission.