- "Toni, we're one little job away from being fabulously rich. We've scoured plans of Fort Staunton. Its weakest points are along the old subway that runs underneath the area."
- ―Donald Love
Bringing the House Down is the final mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by explosives expert 8-Ball from his explosives shop in Pike Creek, Shoreside Vale, Liberty City.
Toni returns to 8-Ball who has all the explosives ready. Donald Love phones 8-Ball and informs Toni that the weakest points under Fort Staunton is the new Porter Tunnel development and the old subway tunnels. Toni leaves, carefully driving the van full of explosives to Fort Staunton. On the way, he is attacked by Forelli Family goons but manages to escape. He then enters the Porter Tunnel and drives to various parts of the Tunnel and subway tunnels, planting the explosives. Toni then leaves the tunnels, killing any construction workers who are witnesses. He escapes in a vehicle, just as the explosives detonate, destroying Fort Staunton.
- Numerous Forelli goons - Killed by Toni Cipriani for getting in his way in setting the explosives, as well as attempting to wreck and destroy the van full of explosives needed in order to destroy Fort Staunton.
- Construction workers acting as witnesses - Killed by Toni Cipriani to prevent any witnesses from reporting him to have been the one that caused the destruction of Fort Staunton.
- A number of pedestrians - Killed in the destruction of Fort Staunton.
|PS2 Version||iOS Version|
- The time limit does not start until the first explosive charge is placed, so the player has the opportunity to explore the abandoned subway.
- The mission name is a reference to the film Bringing Down the House.
- During the destruction cutscene, a Molotov Cocktail explosion in the middle of the cutscene can be heard.
- The Rumpo used in the mission has a unique bright red paintjob (including its bumper) and can be kept after the mission. A unique white Bobcat also appears in the tunnel. It can be obtained by driving it out of the tunnel.