- — Phil Cassidy, drunk on boomshine and one arm blown off.
Tommy goes to Phil's Place and finds a drunken Phil, who shows him his boomshine bombs. Phil presses the detonator as Tommy ducks down on reflex, but the bomb fails to detonate. Realizing it must be the remote's batteries, Phil staggers over where he has fresh ones sitting on the bench beside the bomb. Having just changed the batteries, Phil throws up his arms in celebration, with the bomb just off to his right. The motion causes him to accidentally detonate the bomb, and the explosion blows off Phil's right arm. Phil knows he's injured, but only falls to his knees laughing, too drunk to feel the pain.
Intoxicated by the boomshine fumes, Tommy gets Phil into his Patriot and drives him to the West Haven Community Healthcare Centre. However, a hallucinating Phil states that the hospital is full of police and Viet Cong, and instead asks to be driven to an ex-army surgeon in Little Havana (as he owes Phil a favor, and a lawnmower), completing the mission.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Quick, get Phil to the hospital.
- Get Phil to the surgeon in Little Havana.
- The song that can be heard playing in the background during the opening cutscene is "Burnin' for You" by Blue Öyster Cult. This song is not featured on any of the in-game radio stations and cannot be heard at any other time in the game.
- Subsequent releases of the game (starting with the 2.0.1/ PS2 double pack version) reduced and altered the blurry effect.
- During the cutscene, Phil blows off his right arm. However, it shows him with it intact and his left arm missing when he is dropped off at the doctor. This means the initial cut scene is incorrect as in the GTA III mission Arms Shortage (and the Liberty City Stories mission More Deadly Than the Male), Phil is missing his left arm.
- The mission's name is a reference to the Billy Joel song "Goodnight Saigon". Saigon was the capital of South Vietnam during the Vietnam War, and Phil often claimed he served in the Vietnam War.
- This is the only time in the 3D Universe that the player can be arrested for drunk-driving, as driving near the VCPD will trigger a 1-star wanted level.