- "Dear Toni, I've put myself up as the first prize in a street-race. If Salvatore finds out about this we're both going to be in big trouble. So you'd better come and save my ass...Then maybe it'll belong to you! Forever yours, Maria."
- ― Maria Latore
Maria has left a letter in her Saint Mark's apartment, stating she has put herself up for first prize in a motorcycle race around Chinatown and Callahan Point. Because her risky behavior may upset an already paranoid Salvatore, Toni is told to "save [her] ass" by winning a two-lap checkpoint race against three competitors on Sanchez's.
The player has the option of using any motorcycle in the race, but a PCJ-600 or Manchez (if the player unlocks it earlier) is usually most preferable for its speed and handling. Once the player completes the race in first place, a cutscene plays with Toni pleading for Maria to return home, but Maria claims that she is not bound to anyone's whims and decides to leave with Wayne, another contestant in the race, instead. The two ride off on a Freeway, going to a party.
- Despite what the mission's name suggests, there is no winning prize when the player wins the race, presumably because Maria was the only prize.
- Regardless what vehicle Toni is driving when he arrives at Maria's place, it disappears after the cutscene. Although there are numerous bikes around, a PCJ-600, the fastest bike in the game, can be obtained at Leone's house not far from Maria's. Note: one way to avoid the "disappearing vehicle" glitch is to park the bike a half a block or so away from Maria's place before triggering the cutscene; this will save time if retrying the mission.
- Players used to the handling of the motorbikes in GTA: San Andreas may wish to become familiar with how motorcycles handle in LCS. In particular, Toni can't increase his skill with a bike the way Carl Johnson could; as a result, the slightest collisions are capable of causing Toni's bike to veer wildly off-course, or worse, throw him from the bike, making it difficult to get back in the race in time.
- Like other street races in the game, killing an opponent automatically ends the race, as does wrecking their bike.
- It is actually possible to complete the mission using an opponent's bike without any penalties. This can be achieved by hitting them with a bat, which throws them off the bike, or ramming a bike with a car, causing the opponent to fly off. This will not work in the mobile versions, however, since the mission automatically fails after doing one of them.
|PS2 Version||iOS Version|