- "I'm a man of peace, but some squares across that ridge are not respecting my peace. They're survivalist maniacs! Right-wingers! Fascists! They have a Harvester and I need one. Go get it."
- ― The Truth
Body Harvest is the first mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by pot-growing hippie The Truth from the U Get Inn Motel in the town of Angel Pine in Whetstone, San Andreas.
Carl enters a motel room and finds Frank Tenpenny taking drugs. Tenpenny then introduces The Truth to Carl, and vice versa, saying that Carl will pay for the weed Tenpenny will require Carl to deliver. The Truth learns a little more about Carl and says Carl gives off a "positive feeling". Afterward, he tells Carl that before he pays the weed, he must steal a combine harvester from a farm run by survivalists up in Flint County.
Carl heads for The Farm. When he arrives, he makes his way to the back of the farm, all while avoiding or killing the Rifle and Shovel-wielding survivalists. He arrives at the combine harvester's location and steals it. Again, the survivalists continue to shoot, and even pursue him, but he safely makes his way back to The Truth's farm in Leafy Hollow. Once delivered, The Truth thanks him for his actions and says he'll call Carl when the weed is ready.
Later, Cesar calls Carl. He informs Carl of the situation back at Los Santos: His gang, the Varrios Los Aztecas, have been seriously weakened, and he, probably along with Kendl, has a price on their head. However, both of them are still safe. Carl instructs Cesar to get out of town with Kendl and rent a trailer in Angel Pine, and that he'll meet them later.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get to the farm where the combine harvester is located
- The combine harvester is located at the field towards the back of the farm
- Get into the farm and steal the combine harvester
- Take the combine harvester back to The Truth's farm
- The name of the mission is a reference to the Nintendo 64 game Body Harvest, produced by Rockstar North when they were DMA Design. It is arguably Rockstar's first free-roaming 3D adventure, setting the precedent for GTA III to follow.
- This is one of two missions where Tenpenny appears without his partner, Eddie Pulaski (the other one being End of the Line).
- The Combine Harvester is scripted to churn out hay when it is driving over The Farm's field. This is the only occasion in the game where this is possible.
- The music playing in the motel as CJ arrives is "Nautilus" by Bob James. The song can otherwise be heard on Master Sounds 98.3.