Boars are, in general, brown hogs that has a medium-large size and are recognizable by their pig-like appearances. However, contrary to the pigs, boars are clearly distinguished by the small tusks protruding from their mouths.
Boars can commonly be seen in very remote areas, mostly in the Paleto Forest, where they often are seen traveling alone. Unlike in Red Dead Redemption, they will run away from the player if approached.
- Boars can be found in the wild region of Blaine County on the high and abrupt mountains.
- Found during the Hunting minigame, and the player can be tasked to run over a boar as part of a challenge.
- A Boar will sometimes spawn on the main street of Grapeseed.
- A Boar will always run out of a tree on the dirt track and cul-de-sac of the Sonar Collections Dock.
- The boar featured in game appears to be based on the species found in Eastern Europe; this makes sense, as the boars introduced into California (the state San Andreas is based on) are descended from the European wild boar.
- Every boar encountered in the game is seen with protruding tusks, which means that they are all male. Female boars do not have these kinds of tusks.
- The Boars Baseball Club is named after the animal. Members of the Ballas can be seen wearing t-shirts from the Boars Baseball Club with a boar on it.