|The article is subject to high amounts of speculative content|
Please add references to any content added to the page otherwise the edit will be reverted. Any content that cannot be verified could be discussed on the talk page first.
|The accuracy of some information on this page has been disputed.|
You can help by making this verification, finding sources to prove the integrity of the information or by discussing any changes that could be made on the article's talk page.
Before the release of any Grand Theft Auto game, there were features that were removed from the final product. These changes range from deleted vehicles and player skins to the removal of entire characters and mission strands. Content is usually removed due to technical difficulties or by developer's choice. Below is the list of the games with main articles for beta content.
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto III
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto Advance
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto IV and Episodes
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto V
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto Online
Some games had only few beta features that were removed from the final product and are listed on this page.
Grand Theft Auto 1
- Accessible Trams were removed early in the game's development for San Andreas city.
- The SWAT Van was removed, despite being shown on the game's website.
- The antenna was removed from TV Van.
- Children were cut, most likely for moral reasons.
- The soundtrack would have included a version of the "The Star-Spangled Banner".
Grand Theft Auto 2
- A weapon called the "Microwave" was removed.
- A weapon called the "Instant Vehicle Bomb" was removed.
- A weapon called the "ElectroBaton" was removed.
- In the promo movie & inside the game files, districts by the names of Chernobyl Docks, Romanova, Azimuth, Barking, & Kyabetsu were going to be in the game, but they were removed. Also, Arbo & Gonad were actually referenced by name in the police dispatch instead of being called "South Central".
- Ridiculous FM - a progressive rock radio with a single song that would have lasted 20 minutes.
- Rev. Rooney & The Rocksta Choir's "God Bless All The Universe" was going to have more profanity.