- "Coffe house chain taking over the world one Tiramisu Gunkaccino at a time."
- ― Description at LCN.com.
Despite its numerous stores throughout Liberty City and Los Santos, the player cannot visit any location. Its advert can be regularly seen on TV and heard on the radio. The chain's slogan (as seen on its website) is "Tastes like fuel, kicks like a mule". The Bean Machine is most likely the place to find businessmen and women loading up on overpriced lattes before they head out to work. A Bean Machine store appears in the mission "Reuniting the Family".
beanmachinecoffee.com is the official website for Bean Machine. It has detailed information on Bean Machine products, like a list of specials and cup sizes, which may be a reference to bra sizes. It promotes extreme franchising to destroy competitors, coffee for children, and caffeine.
The design and coloration of the logo bears a striking resemblance to real life UK-based coffee retailer Costa Coffee. Costa Coffee is ironically the second largest Coffeehouse chain in the world, but is extremely uncommon in the US.
Grand Theft Auto IV
|This article needs more images|
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
Bean Machine have several branches across Liberty City:
- Saratoga Avenue and Carrollton Street, Willis.
- Albany Avenue, between Jade and Hematite streets, Easton, Algonquin.
- Pier 45, Fishmarket South, Algonquin.
Grand Theft Auto V
- The beverage named 'High Noon' could be a reference to the mission of the same name from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- The beverage named "Speedball" could be a reference to the drug of the same name.
- An ingredient of the Speedball drink is bat guano, or droppings. This could be a reference to the term "batshit", which describes something crazy.
- This may be a reference to Kopi Luwak, a coffee that uses partially digested coffee cherries from the Asian palm civet.
- The brand is also featured in Rockstar's Manhunt.
- The coffee bean in the logo resembles a vagina, an example of Rockstar's sexual humor. Despite this, the company's name itself is one of the few instances of non-sexual humor in the series.
- It is stated in GTA V that Bean Machine is a popular destination for hipsters; this is a reference to a stereotype that Starbucks is popular among hipsters.
- The company sponsors Prop 14, a proposition to ban alcohol, likely because banning alcohol would cause an increase in the consumption and production of caffeine.
- Amusingly, if the game is run in the Traditional Chinese language option, the company is referred as Cool Beans and vice versa.
- Tarbrush Café, the predecessor to The Bean Machine.