- — Description
The player gets a message from Ron telling him what he needs doing. The player goes to get Ron's Velum from the Sandy Shores Airfield. They then must fly to Fort Zancudo and land without damaging the aircraft. Once there, they must kill the soldiers and destroy the P-996 Lazers to make sure they don't chase him afterwards. Then, they must go into the hangar, kill the guards, and steal the Cargobob. The mission ends once the Cargobob is successfully landed at the Sandy Shores Airfield. The monetary award is $25,000 and the RP ranges between difficulties.
- Get in Ron's Plane.
- Fly to Fort Zancudo.
- Destroy the Lazers.
- Steal the Cargobob.
- Fly the Cargobob back to the Sandy Shores Airfield.
- The name is a reference to the video game Space Invaders.
- This mission is very similar to the mission Cargobob in Grand Theft Auto V; in both missions, the player needs to steal a Cargobob from Fort Zancudo and deliver to Sandy Shores Airfield. Military during the missions are scaled down so things like the P-996 LAZER won't be scrambled to intercept the players should they get airborne.
- However, unlike the mission in GTA V, after The High Life Update, this mission now spawns enemies endlessly, which makes it tedious or nearly impossible to complete if playing alone.
- The player will not gain a wanted level until they are noticed by a soldier, unlike in Freemode, or most other missions, where the player will immediately gain a wanted level upon entering Fort Zancudo.
- It is possible to avoid a wanted level altogether by not boarding Ron's Velum until the end of the mission. However the military will still be active and infinitely respawning. And this is a useless tactic as during this mission, no law enforcement personnel will pursue the player outside of Fort Zancudo.
- Strangely, the military Mesas seen in the base aren't actually Crusaders, but Merryweather Mesas with a completely tan body.
- This is one of four missions (the others being American Exports, Docks to Stock and Docks to Stock II) in GTA Online that require the player to steal a Cargobob from Fort Zancudo, and the only one that isn't given by Lester Crest.
- The P-996 Lazers that need to be destroyed can also be piloted by the player, and thus used to their advantage. But only if they know how to pilot one