The brand seems to manufacture urban-style clothing made for sports people, such as cyclists and skateboarders. It also seems to have "gangstas" as one of its targets because it has such themes on the advertisements and uses rappers on them as well.
There appear to be five characters used in the advertising material:
- A thug who bears a striking resemblance to the late rapper Tupac Shakur holding a generic Pistol.
- A bull terrier dog with a severed hand in its mouth that resembles Chico from Next Friday.
- A character in a wheelchair carrying an AK-47.
- A tattooed character with a Baseball Bat studded with nails - the name/word nino can be seen tattooed on his stomach.
- The biggest man only seen in the background of the ensemble picture.
Another poster has OG Loc superimposed on it but is in a different art style to the original five characters.
Several posters of the brand are found in Ryder's house.
A particular young pedestrian that can be spotted either walking casually or riding BMXs in GTA San Andreas wears a gray Base 5 t-shirt with the dog on the front and the logo on the back. He dons a black baseball cap with the "5" logo on it, indicating that Base 5 also produces hats.