Grand Theft Auto V
The Barracks Semi is the semi-truck adaptation of the Barracks, where the rear is adapted to attach trailers, as the name suggests. The vehicle is heavily based on the M915A5 Tractor Trailer, sharing the initial body shape, grille attachments and color scheme.
The Barracks Semi shares the same cab design as its transport variant, while the entire rear section is likely reused from the Packer, another semi-truck in the game, only with the desert brown color to match its military scheme. The rear lamps are practically the same as those of the semi-trucks in the game, excluding the Docktug. The Barracks Semi, however, lacks the spare tire mounted behind the cabin.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto V
Due to its shorter wheelbase, it has better performance in handling and turning, and above average acceleration when compared to similar vehicles and its trooper counterpart, the Barracks. The vehicle is very stable and easy to control. However, the brakes are much less responsive, taking a while to stop even at the lowest of speeds. The Barracks Semi is capable of pulling trailers much faster than normal semi tractors. The Barracks Semi does burnouts easily, but will not do donuts on pavement (possibly due to the double rear axle and comically oversized front wheels), it will however do extremely slow donuts on dirt.
Much like the standard Barracks, the vehicle is powered by the same inline-4 turbocharged engine, coupled to a 5-speed gearbox in a front engine, rear-wheel drive layout. Oddly, the Barracks Semi is 1000kg heavier than its passenger transporter variant.
GTA V Overview
(0-60 mph in Seconds)
(mph / kmh)
(FWD / RWD / AWD)
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||68 / 110||5||N/A||RWD||10000 / 22046||65|
|N/A||78 / 125||5||Inline-4 (In-game model)||RWD||Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed|
Grand Theft Auto V/Online
- Found at Fort Zancudo, patrolling and parked in many places, especially some of them next to the southeast checkpoint.
- Can be found on the highway outside Fort Zancudo if the player approaches and leaves the base.
- When entering the base, there is a chance that a Barracks Semi with one or two military men inside pursue the player inside the base, along with other Barracks OL and Crusaders.
- May spawn randomly in the Great Ocean Highway with a random trailer.
- Can sometimes be seen without a trailer on some of the inland roads between Sandy Shores Airfield and Los Santos. Also near the off-road truck race.
- An easy way to get one in Grand Theft Auto Online is to steal one from the highway outside the military base with Lester's Blind Eye feature on. The player can use a Cargobob to hook a Barracks Semi to its winch. Flying around the military base several times should eventually spawn the Barracks Semi if they do not spawn first-try.
- As of the Arena War update for GTA Online, can be unlocked as a Pegasus vehicle after reaching Sponsorship Tier 200 in Arena War (enhanced version only).
Grand Theft Auto V
- Unlike its cousin, the truck is named HVY Barracks Semi, showing the manufacturer. However, it reveals that the transport variant is evidently an HVY Barracks.
- The Barracks Semi has two of its own trailers that is never seen pulling: a tanker trailer and a large flatbed trailer.
- Strangely, while the truck is RWD, there are three differentials under the truck that would support its AWD characteristics. However, this is technically wrong, as the truck would need 2 extra diffs in the center to fully support a locking differential.
- For some reason, the warning stickers on the bumper would shine up upon starting the truck, acting as some sort of Daytime running lights.
- An oversized Barracks Semi wreck can be found in the sea, just east of the Humane Labs and Research building. The size of this wreck is roughly the same as a Dump or a Dock Handler without the lifting structure.