Barbeque Tanks, also known as Gas Cylinders, are destructible objects found in the HD Universe games.
It is a fairly uncommon object, and when either shot at, ran over with a vehicle or has explosives thrown at it, it will explode with a powerful force, creating a black mark on the ground where it blew up, similar to the fuel dispensers found at gas stations. They are most commonly produced by Pharte Gas.
The explosion is much more powerful than a Grenade, which could destroy vehicles rapidly, as well as killing nearby people, including the protagonist if he got too close to the blast.
Using appropriate mods in GTA IV, it is possible to spawn a Barbeque Tank anywhere, and can be blown up like regular tanks, as seen in this video.
Grand Theft Auto IV + Episodes from Liberty City
- Found on the grass at Grummer Road and Exeter Avenue.
- Sometimes found in Industrial Areas.
- In the Twitchin's Sugar Factory in BOABO.
- Inside Brian Jeremy's Safehouse.
Grand Theft Auto V
- Found near The Lost MC area.
- Found inside the meth lab above Liquor Ace in Sandy Shores.
- Several can be found in the back yard of most houses in Vinewood Hills and Rockford Hills.