|This article (or section) refers to content in the Enhanced version for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC release of Grand Theft Auto Online that may be absent from other versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the Enhanced version for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC version of Grand Theft Auto Online, please see here.
Please note: This aircraft is excluded from Pegasus Lifestyle Management and must be stored in a personal hangar.”
Grand Theft Auto Online
The B-11 Strikeforce is based on the Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II "Warthog", with the tail design of the Northrop YA-9, the aircraft prototype which was proposed as part of the design competition with Fairchild Republic's prototype A-10. Unlike the real-life iterations, the Strikeforce is depicted with an internal bomb bay.
The aircraft is depicted with a seemingly long and narrow fuselage, where the front consists of a rounded nose, a large cockpit with a canopy that pivots from the front, and the underside hatches for the nose landing gear that is offset to the right, along with what seems to be a laser spot tracker on the right side of the aircraft (which resembles an AN/AAS-35(V) Pave Penny that is also used on USAF attack & fighter-bomber aircraft, including the A-10).
Around the main section, the wings are mounted on the lower sides of the aircraft (low-wing setup) and have a mostly rectangular shape, featuring bulky sections with hatches for the main landing gear, two drop tanks on the sections between the fuselage and the main undercarriage, and eight weapon pylons on the outer sides of either wing. Around the outer halves of the wings, there are the corresponding ailerons and the air brakes in front of them.
The rear section consists of small underside hatches for the bomb bay, the tail boom that mounts the large engines, and the cruciform tail empennage, with the horizontal stabilizers slightly angled upwards. The interior of the cockpit uses the same "Lazer" dial set and interior as the P-996 LAZER, the Hydra and the Besra.
The aircraft is mostly painted with a primary color, with the wing tips, drop tanks and turbine spinners painted in a secondary color. It uses a set of plain industrial rims with details on the center, being the same as the ones from the Titan, the Hydra and the Savage.
The aircraft is armed with a Gatling-type autocannon mounted below the nose that resembles the GAU-8 Avenger (similar to its real-life counterpart, but centered to the aircraft instead of offset to the left), while the wings mount a set of two Hydra 70 barrage rocket pods on the inner pylons and six independent missiles on each of the remaining six pylons. It can also be modified with bombs.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto Online
The Strikeforce handles similarly to other jets, with an acceleration similar to the Hydra but with a lower max airspeed. Below 900 feet, the aircraft only travels at about 120 knots, while above 900 feet, it can reach about 160 knots. Despite its slow airspeed, the jet has a very good maneuverability, with a very tight turning circle. It can turn tighter than the Pyro, making it a strong contender in a close dogfight. The aircraft also has very strong air brakes, making it easy to quickly slow down while still maintaining maneuverability. Similar to the V-65 Molotok, the Strikeforce's pilot can also hold the air brake for longer than normal, preventing the engines from shutting down as quickly. The aircraft also takes a slightly longer time for the engines to fully spin up and become operational when first starting the aircraft. On ground, the Strikeforce has greater stability than most jets, as sharp turns do not tip the vehicle as easily as aircraft with similar undercarriage setup. However, it has a tendency to lean backwards upon revving forward after reversing the aircraft at a considerable speed, or when climbing small slopes.
The Strikeforce is powered by two turbofan engines, whose turbines are fully animated. It emits a sound similar to most fighter jets, albeit with a clearer tone due to the lack of afterburners.
The Strikeforce is one of the most durable airplanes. It can withstand up to five homing missiles or standard explosions before being destroyed with the sixth. It can also survive a direct hit from the RPG. However, the Strikeforce's control surfaces are not resistant and will be broken off if caught in the splash damage of any explosion, likely making the aircraft uncontrollable.
Against the Heavy Sniper Mk II with explosive rounds, the B-11 can withstand only four hits, exploding on the fifth. This gives the pilot the ability time to eject or dive out of the sniper's line of sight. Just like other sources of explosive damage, the explosive rounds can knock off the control surfaces from the aircraft.
Against standard bullet damage, the B-11 is extremely resilient. With full armor upgrades, it will take about 72 rounds from the Heavy Sniper to completely destroy the aircraft. In addition to the high bullet damage resistance, if the aircraft is only damaged from one side, the aircraft will never explode. At least one bullet must hit the other side of the aircraft. Despite this, when heavily damaged like this the aircraft's engines will likely be smoking heavily, putting a time limit on the aircraft's lifespan.
The vehicle can be fitted with countermeasures to improve its defensive capabilities against homing missiles, each one with their own attributes:
- The Chaff countermeasure disrupts the targeting system from missile launchers, rendering them unable to lock on the aircraft for five seconds. They have a delay of five seconds before being used again and only have 10 uses.
- The Flare countermeasure drops various flares from around the rear of the aircraft, which can "disorient" the homing missile in order to avoid chasing the aircraft. They have a delay of three seconds before being used again and only have 20 uses.
- The Smoke countermeasure creates a trail of smoke that can disorient the enemy pilot, but its effectiveness is very limited, as the trail is large enough for a standard cockpit and the enemy pilot would just need to move away and follow the smoke trail. It has no delay between uses and can be used indefinitely.
- Explosive MG: Its first weapon is a gatling gun with explosive rounds carried under its nose. Similar to the cannons on the Rogue, the Strikeforce also shares the significantly slower fire rate compared to the cannons on the P-996 LAZER and the Hydra, while also sharing the increased firing range of almost 675 feet. While it still offers decent firepower against aerial and vehicle targets, it struggles to deal damage to players on foot, as it has significantly reduced damage to "soft" targets and a much smaller explosive blast radius. Even a direct hit from this weapon will not kill a full health player. With the slower firing rate, the cannon can be more difficult to hit agile or smaller targets.
- Missiles (Homing): Its second weapon are six homing missiles mounted on the wings. They can fire continuously, similar to the Savage, Akula or FH-1 Hunter without a reload time. These missiles have tracking similar to the Homing Launcher, making the Strikeforce the only airplane with missiles with better tracking. These missiles can only be set to lock on mode and cannot be switched to homing off. The Strikeforce is also the first aircraft with limited missiles, only 30 missiles can be fired before the aircraft must resupply at the player's hangar.
- Missiles (Barrage): Its third weapon are two barrage missile pods, able to fire up to seven unguided rockets independently or in a quick succession, however the rockets must "reload" after firing a full volley or seven rockets without switching weapons causing a short cooldown for about four seconds. The rockets fired have a similar range to the RPG but fly slightly faster than standard homing missiles. Overall, they are identical to those seen on the FH-1 Hunter.
- The vehicle has the option for installing bombs, providing heavy firepower against ground targets. There are four different Bomb choices: Explosive, Incendiary, Gas and Cluster;
- The Explosive option has high damage over targets from all ranges, meaning any target caught in the "edges" of the blast radius receive the same damage as in the "center".
- The Incendiary option creates a trail of fire similar to the Molotov Cocktail, burning the targets for a constant damage. Although the bombs are powerful at the center, it causes less damage on the "edges".
- The Gas option causes a noxious effect on players and NPCs on impact, similar to the Tear Gas. It has a slightly larger blast radius than the standard bomb, but is unable to damage vehicles. The gas lasts for around 25 seconds.
- The Cluster option creates a smaller explosion than the standard one on impact, but small clusters spread within its radius, allowing for greater damage over a single armored target.
GTA Online Overview
(0-60 knots in Seconds)
(mph / kmh / knots)
|Vertical Climb/ Descent Rate
|Engine Type||Engine Location||Mass
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||204.2 / 328.6||N/A||N/A||N/A||14000 / 30865||65|
|N/A||N/A||N/A||Twin turbofan engines||Rear||Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed|
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Armor Upgrade 20%||$7,500|
|Armor Upgrade 40%||$12,000|
|Armor Upgrade 60%||$20,000|
|Armor Upgrade 80%||$35,000|
|Armor Upgrade 100%||$50,000|
|Engine||EMS Upgrade, Level 1||$9,000|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 2||$12,500|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 3||$18,000|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 4||$33,500|
|Woodland Camo Hog||$23,939|
|White Tipped Hog||$24,510|
|Stealth Camo Hog||$26,220|
|Respray||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Respray Colors||-|
Tail marking on the aircraft changes when applying different liveries:
|Woodland Camo Hog||BLT-808|
|White Tipped Hog||BS-969|
|Stealth Camo Hog||KY-000|
When purchased, the B-11 Strikeforce comes painted in the following colors by default:
|Primary Color||Secondary Color||Pearlescent||Wheel Color||Trim Color||Dial Color|
|Brushed Aluminium||Brushed Aluminium||Metallic Black||Alloy||Black||Worn White|
Grand Theft Auto Online
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Can be purchased from Warstock Cache & Carry for $3,800,000, provided the player already owns a Hangar.
- It is classed as a Medium vehicle.
- The default "BRRT" marking on the aircraft's tail is a reference to the famous firing sound given off by the GAU-8 Avenger, the autocannon model used by the A-10.
- As a further reference to the GAU-8, the B-11's autocannon features a unique firing sound based on that of the GAU-8, except it is much higher pitched. This plays alongside the default firing sound used on most air vehicles, and plays at a slight delay.
- The "TNDR" marking on the Camo Hog livery and the "BLT" on the Woodland Camo Hog livery could be a reference to the name of its real-life counterpart, Thunderbolt.
- The peace symbols were featured on all liveries for the aircraft, with the "Peace Through Superior Firepower" quote around it, appears in the center of the autocannon. There are three types of the symbols: black/white, inverted black/white, and pink.
- At the time of its release, the B-11 Strikeforce used the standard aircraft icon, even though it had its own icon in the game files. This was later fixed, so the aircraft would be correctly displayed on the map.
- Strangely, when requesting it through the Interaction Menu, the on-screen message will still display the standard aircraft icon.