|For other uses, see Angel.|
The Avenging Angels are a group of vigilantes seen in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.
Founded following the mission "Ho Selecta!", the Liberty City chapter of the Avenging Angels seek to clean Liberty City's streets of crime in their own "special" way, by training "ex-street punks, reformed gang-bangers, or anyone with a grudge" to patrol and protect the city. Players can see them walking the streets, patrolling and keeping the neighborhood safe, working to put an end to violence on the streets of Liberty City.
Avenging Angels members are required to don a members-only beret and jacket, similar to the uniforms of the Guardian Angels. However, Avenging Angels berets are black (green in the PS2 version), green jackets as opposed to red used on both the berets and jackets of the Guardian Angels. Avenging Angels members also sport long combat pants, a T-shirt of varied designs and colors.
The Angels always work in pairs, and Toni Cipriani joined them to fight the crime in the city. If a player opts to work with the Avenging Angels, he will recruit members of the organization in side missions, fight against Liberty City's underground biker gangs, carjacking gangs, and dispatch riotous mobs by any means possible with a special vehicle and outfit offered up as rewards.
After the player finishes the sets of missions on the different boroughs, they will be rewarded with the following
- Portland: The player will receive a bulletproof and fireproof Avenger.
- Staunton Island: The player to pay nothing whenever they are busted by the police.
- Shoreside Vale: The Hero Garb will be available in the safehouses' wardrobes.
- In the beta, the Avenging Angels wore Red hats instead of Black hats.
- Also, the Hero Garb in beta as look different as seen in interior files of the game.