|This article (or section) refers to content in the Enhanced version for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC release of Grand Theft Auto Online that may be absent from other versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the Enhanced version for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC version of Grand Theft Auto Online, please see here.
- 1 Design
- 2 Performance
- 3 Functionality
- 4 Customization
- 5 Modifications
- 6 Image Gallery
- 7 Variants
- 8 Prominent Appearances in Missions
- 9 Locations
- 10 Changes
- 11 Trivia
- 12 Bugs/Glitches
- 13 See Also
- 14 References
- 15 Navigation
Grand Theft Auto Online
— Warstock Cache & Carry description.
The Avenger is a tilt-rotor aircraft based on the V-22 Osprey, but replacing the side doors with access ladders, as well as a narrower and higher upper section where the wings are rotated (also omitting the capability for the section to rotate 90 degrees for storage).
The aircraft is depicted with a very large fuselage, where the front section features a small camera pod below the nose and various devices on the sides that look like cameras and sensors, as well as large windows for the cockpit area, two access ladders on the rearmost section that operate similarly to aircraft such as the Shamal and the Titan, and underside hatches for the nose landing gear, which are located right after the mounted camera.
The main section of the aircraft consists of the cargo hold with two small square windows on either side and bulky lower portions that house the main landing gear, located on the rearmost section of the same lower portions. The top of the aircraft has an elevated section that mounts the wings, which are slightly angled forwards. Each wing features black sections on the front, large ailerons, and tilting engines fitted with three-bladed proprotors and rectangular exhausts. The proprotor blades also feature luminous tips on both surfaces, so when flown at night, they draw clearly visible circles of green light.
The rear of the aircraft consists of the large ramp door for the cargo hold and a large tail/empennage, the latter having a wide horizontal stabilizer with a single elevator and angled vertical stabilizers, as well as a single navigation light on top of the left vertical stabilizer. There are also numerous markings that denote its usage by the United States Marine Corps, under the squadron identifier "AVG-426".
The interior of the cockpit is spacious and uses the "Lazer" dial set from the P-996 LAZER, Hydra and Besra, arranged in a way where the screens are centered to the seats and the functional dials centered to the whole aircraft. The central instrument panel features numerous switches and another screen on the left side, while the "Gear Up/Down" displays are located on the leftmost side of the instrument panel. Additional instruments can be seen on the windshield separation and above the cockpit area. Directly behind the seats, there is a marked door that leads to the cargo hold, as well as tall steps from the access doors.
The aircraft is mostly painted in a primary color for the fuselage, while the lower surfaces of the fuselage, wings and engines are painted in a secondary color. It uses a set of industrial wheels derived from trucks such as the Benson, Mule and Phantom.
The Avenger's cargo hold interior is large and is fitted with a CCTV monitor, various storage boxes, and other assets the player can purchase. There is a secure door at the front that leads to the cockpit, as well as a side door for the exit and the rear ramp door for players and selected Weaponized Vehicles. Like the Mobile Operations Center, a blue corona may appear in front of the cargo ramp door when stationary, and one can exit the vehicle or go into the cabin. Selected Weaponized Vehicles enter through the ramp door and are parked on the rearmost section of the hold.
Although the Avenger's hold has a seating capacity for three gunners and five jump seat passengers, the entire lobby (depending on the owner's accessibility permissions) are able to stand in the hold.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto Online
The Avenger performs almost identically to most medium-sized planes or helicopters, able to reach a decent speed, but has a rather sluggish handling and climb rate. The large proprotors can make it difficult to land on narrow areas, as well as on uneven terrain, as it will easily lose control if one of the props touches an obstacle. It is incredibly stable in flight (doubly so with a maxed Flight stat), barely being disturbed by any form of turbulence.
It is not possible to land in "normal" mode, only VTOL. Attempting to land while the proprotors are forward-facing will trigger an automatic transition to VTOL just as the proprotor blades touch the ground with the wheels deployed. Transitioning between forward thrust and VTOL modes can cause altitude fluctuations and abrupt attitude changes with the nose pitching up or down, so it is best conducted only after the aircraft has gained a few hundred feet altitude or enough forward motion to counter the stall.
The Avenger is powered by two turboshaft engines, which produce a sound similar to the Cargobob when idle. If the aircraft tilts forward or changes into forward thrusting, its pitch will change, sounding similarly to medium-sized, turboprop aircraft such as the Tula.
The Autopilot feature allows the player to leave the helicopter cockpit while in mid-air and access the hold and even leave the aircraft. Players can man one of the cannons while the aircraft is in autopilot mode. Leaving the aircraft in mid-air can be done on foot to parachute or in a vehicle stored in the hold. Special vehicles that can fly are able to transition into flight mode after exiting the hold, while the Stromberg can transform into submarine mode and safely land in any body of water the Avenger is hovering over. The Avenger cannot easily be re-entered if left unmanned in autopilot, and must be returned to the facility to be used again.
The Autopilot mode can only be activated in VTOL mode and at least 80ft above the ground. Engaging the Autopilot mode while in motion will result in the aircraft slowly moving back to where the player has activated it.
Like the MOC, the Avenger has immensely durable armor and can withstand incredible damage. Terrain and inanimate object impacts are virtually ignored. However, the Avenger is not as resilient as the MOC, while it can take an immense amount of punishment before being destroyed, the fact of it being a plane reduces its effective durability. As with other planes, explosions can sometimes break off ailerons, which can result in the plane becoming virtually impossible to control, often leading to a crash. While the vehicle takes plenty of homing missiles to destroy the plane, it is very difficult to dodge without countermeasures, and getting hit in the wrong spot can permanently cripple the aircraft. Enough damage can also disable an engine, making the plane almost impossible to keep in the air. Crashing the plane after losing control usually will not destroy it, due to the durability of the hull, allowing the occupants to escape. The Chernobog is a major threat to the Avenger, due to its incredible range with its homing missiles, the speed at which they are fired, and their incredible accuracy. These missile trucks are best avoided, if one would wish to not have their Avenger shot down.
The vehicle can be fitted with countermeasures to improve its defensive capabilities against homing missiles, each one with their own attributes:
- The Chaff countermeasure disrupts the targeting system from missile launchers, rendering them unable to lock on the aircraft for five seconds. They have a delay of five seconds before being used again and only have 10 uses.
- The Flare countermeasure drops various flares from around the rear of the aircraft, which can "disorient" the homing missile in order to avoid chasing the aircraft. They have a delay of three seconds before being used again and only have 20 uses.
- The Smoke countermeasure creates a trail of smoke that can disorient the enemy pilot, but its effectiveness is very limited, as the trail is large enough for a standard cockpit and the enemy pilot would just need to move away and follow the smoke trail. It has no delay between uses and can be used indefinitely.
Note that a co-pilot is required to use the countermeasures.
- If the cannon option was purchased, the Avenger will have a single cannon mounted under the nose. This cannon has a wide range of motion and can cover a half-sphere under the plane with visibility front and rear. This leaves it vulnerable to aircraft attacks from above.
- It can be modified in the Facility workshop to add two additional remote turrets with explosive cannons, which cover the remaining blind spots and offers 360° coverage against targets. The cannons behave similarly to those of the MOC, albeit with a slightly higher fire rate and seemingly infinite range. A single occupant can engage Autopilot hover mode and enter the hold and control a single turret at a time, however switching between turret stations is done quickly with a single button press, enabling a single player very strong offensive/defensive capabilities in the aircraft. The Avenger's weaponry is able to shoot down attacking planes before they can cause too much damage.
- The vehicle has the option for installing bombs, providing heavy firepower against ground targets. There are four different Bomb choices: Explosive, Incendiary, Gas and Cluster;
- The Explosive option has high damage over targets from all ranges, meaning any target caught in the "edges" of the blast radius receive the same damage as in the "center".
- The Incendiary option creates a trail of fire similar to the Molotov Cocktail, burning the targets for a constant damage. Although the bombs are powerful at the center, it causes less damage on the "edges".
- The Gas option causes a noxious effect on players and NPCs on impact, similar to the Tear Gas. It has a slightly larger blast radius than the standard bomb, but is unable to damage vehicles. The gas lasts for around 25 seconds.
- The Cluster option creates a smaller explosion than the standard one on impact, but small clusters spread within its radius, allowing for greater damage over a single armored target.
GTA Online Overview
(0-60 knots in Seconds)
(mph / kmh / knots)
|Vertical Climb/ Descent Rate
|Engine Type||Engine Location||Mass
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||18000 / 39683||65|
|N/A||N/A||N/A||Twin turboshaft engines||Wings||Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed|
Like the Mobile Operations Center, the Avenger serves as a mobile transport for the player's personal Weaponized Vehicle, and it can be temporarily stored in the aircraft within the session (until the player switches session or leaves the game, which will simply reset the vehicle back to the garage where it was originally stored).
If the player has purchased the Gun Turret upgrades from the website and Facility workshop, up to three terminals are seen here, with the front one for the top turret, the left one for the nose turret and the rear one for the rear turret. This replaces some of the storage boxes scattered around the middle section of the cargo hold and adds additional seats for each gunner.
The optional Weapon Workshop gives the same functionality as the one from the Mobile Operations Center. It will be located near the vehicle storage area of the hold, next to where the rear turret terminal is located.
The Vehicle Workshop gives the same functionality as the one from the MOC. This adds various storage units within the walls of the vehicle storage area of the hold.
A CCTV monitor provides view of the aircraft's cockpit through a CCTV camera pointed over the pilot's right shoulder, which has limited horizontal movement. It is located around the middle section of the hold, next to where the left turret terminal is located.
A wardrobe can be seen near the secure door and is used in the same manner as any property-owned wardrobe. An "Armory" is also seen next to the secure door, which works the same as the Gun Locker from selected properties.
Interaction Menu Options
The Avenger is added to the player's Interaction Menu under the service section with the other vehicle properties such as the Galaxy Super Yacht and Mobile Operations Center. The vehicle is able to be called near* the player's location and dispatched back to facility storage on demand. The player cannot immediately relocate an existing Avenger using the menu; they must return it to the facility and then re-call it to their current location.
- Request Avenger
- Get the Weapon Mechanic to deliver the Avenger (to the nearest point*).
- Return to Storage
- Returns the Avenger to the Facility.
- Engage/Disengage Autopilot
- Sets the Autopilot mode on or off.
- Cockpit Access
- Restrict player access to the cockpit.
- Empty Cockpit
- Eject other players from the cockpit.
- Empty Hold
- Eject other players from the cargo hold.
- Set the radio station to be played in the aircraft.
*NOTE: The nearest point can still be half a mile away. Delivery will not be instantaneous like CEO and Biker deliveries.
Grand Theft Auto Online
The base cost is $3,450,000 and for every non-default aspect selected, the price will be increased up to a maximum of $4,787,500. The player can modify the vehicle options at any time by re-visiting Warstock Cache & Carry and re-specifying the customization options, but will not receive any credit for previously purchased options.
|Interior (From left to right, from up to down)||Standard Issue (Grey)||No fuss, no frills, all business.||N/A|
|Tiger Stripe (Orange)||Bright and brass as only a killing machine can be.||$137,500|
|Caesar (Bright Purple)||Feelgood imperial chic|
|Mojito (Green)||A sweet, cool and fresh take on aerial supremacy.|
|Arctic (Light Blue)||Frost bite at 2000ft.|
|Candy (Dark Pink)||For the hotshot who's hot pink and proud.|
|Cosmopolitan (Light Grey)||A boutique interior for the airborne socialite.|
|Urbane (Dark Grey)||High class, high spec, high flying.|
|Gold-fingered (Gold/Yellow)||Go on, you were going to buy this anyway.|
|Gun Turret||Give your passengers some real work to do with this remote gun turret. Because nothing says 'thanks for the ride' like some quality rocket fire.||$200,000|
|Vehicle Workshop||There are certain vehicles you can't just take to LS Customs - or anywhere else for that matter. Equip your Avenger with a vehicle workshop, and you can get to work giving your weaponized rides the personal treatment they deserve.||$755,000|
|Weapon Workshop||Like any collector, there are some tweaks you'd like to make to your favorite guns that would have the FIB up your ass faster than you could say 'high capacity mag.' But with this weapon workshop at your disposal, the only jurisdiction you need to worry about is your own.||$245,000|
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Armor Upgrade 20%||$7,500|
|Armor Upgrade 40%||$12,000|
|Armor Upgrade 60%||$20,000|
|Armor Upgrade 80%||$35,000|
|Armor Upgrade 100%||$50,000|
|Engine||EMS Upgrade, Level 1||$900|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 2||$12,500|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 3||$18,000|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 4||$33,500|
|3 Color Outline||$21,660|
|Modern 5 Color||$23,370|
|Released as part of the After Hours update.|
|Sessanta Nove Multi-Color||FREE|
|Released as part of the Festive Surprise 2018 event.|
|It's a Wrap||FREE|
|Deck the Halls||FREE|
|Released as part of the Arena War update.|
|Respray||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Respray Colors||-|
|Primary Weapons||Front-Mounted Turret||$700|
|Front, Top and Rear Turrets||$240,000|
When purchased, the Avenger comes painted in the following colors by default:
|Primary Color||Secondary Color||Pearlescent||Wheel Color||Trim Color||Dial Color|
|Matte Light Gray||Matte Ice White||Ice White||Worn White|
Grand Theft Auto Online
A static model variant exists that is only shown as the Avenger enters a facility. This model compacts the wingspan and folds the proprotor blades inwards to allow the aircraft to fit down the lift shaft. As this variant still uses the original Avenger data to allow it to represent the player's personal Avenger, it is still flyable with the use of modifications.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
Grand Theft Auto Online
- The Avenger is seen in the setup mission Setup: Avenger, where the crew have to steal one from Merryweather Security.
- The Avenger is featured in The Cayo Perico Heist prep mission Unmarked Weapons, located within a Merryweather Security site the player must find by following a Valkyrie. The player must get in the plane to find the weapons and jump out when it takes off.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Can be purchased on Warstock Cache & Carry for a starting price of $3,450,000. It is only possible after purchasing a Facility from Maze Bank Foreclosures.
|Grand Theft Auto V|
PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
|1.42||12/12/2017||Added Avenger in GTA Online. Available to buy in Warstock Cache & Carry.|
|Southern San Andreas Super Sport Series|1.43||03/20/2018||Added Countermeasure options for the Avenger. Only usable by the co-pilot.|
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Although the Avenger is manufactured by Mammoth, it was listed in Warstock Cache & Carry as an HVY vehicle.
- This was fixed in the Southern San Andreas Super Sport Series update.
- The Avenger is listed as a Helicopter in the Creator - This makes sense because the vehicle cannot land in forward flight mode due to the size of the rotors, despite being classed as a plane.
- The "AVG-426" on the rear fuselage is in the same location as the real Osprey's "VMM-XXX" squadron identifier, suggesting the Avenger is a part of the HD Universe Marine Corp's Squadron 426, with VMM substituted for AVG.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- By having Flares installed as countermeasures, if the player leaves the session and start another, the Avenger will change the countermeasure with white smoke. This may affect the player's money, as they must purchase the flares again.
- This glitch has since been fixed.
- When deploying and retracting the landing gear, the animation on the wheels will freeze for a brief moment.
- Upon release of The Cayo Perico Heist update, the Warstock Cache & Carry website incorrectly displays a renovation price of $2,147,483,647, though this is a visual glitch and the player will be charged with the usual renovation price.
- If the rear rudders are detached through explosions, the cinematic camera will move towards the cargo hold and will not switch manually unless the player leaves the cinematic view.
- Tula - A tiltwing aircraft with VTOL capabilities.
- Mobile Operations Center - Land equivalent.
- Hydra - Another VTOL aircraft.
- Seen when parked or when another player is flying an Avenger.
- Awarded for players who logged during the Scramjet Week event (August 21st, 2018 - August 27th, 2018).
- Awarded for players who logged during the Southern San Andreas Super Autos Inventory Update Week event (September 11th, 2018 - September 17th, 2018).
- Awarded to players who logged on December 26, during the Festive Surprise 2018 event.
- Awarded for players who logged during the GTA Online Bonuses (April 2019 Part 2) event (April 18, 2019 - April 24, 2019).