|This article needs more images of:|
All default and extended magazine renders.
All weapon renders with the respective attachment installed.
Weapon attachments from Gunrunning update.
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
The player can buy different attachments on weapons in order to alter the weapon's performance. They can be bought and equipped at Ammu-Nation.
Integral suppressors were featured on weapons in Grand Theft Auto 2, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories and The Ballad of Gay Tony. In Grand Theft Auto 2, San Andreas and Vice City Stories, suppressed weapons could be used for stealth purposes. However, in Vice City, Liberty City Stories and The Ballad of Gay Tony, they had no purpose other than being an aesthetic feature.
Attachments can greatly affect the performance of a gun, especially if used in combinations. For example, attaching a scope allows for a better weapon range, while attaching a suppressor allows for better stealth and less recoil, but lower accuracy. Attachments can vary depending on the gun type (ex: shotguns will not receive scopes). Some guns cannot have attachments at all, or can only have extended magazines.
List of Firearms with Attachments
- All handguns except single-shot ones (Stun Gun, Flare Gun, Marksman Pistol) and the Heavy Revolver.
- All shotguns except the Sawed-Off Shotgun and Musket.
- All submachine guns and light machine guns.
- All assault rifles.
- All sniper rifles.
- The Grenade Launcher.
List of Attachments
The Extended Clip increases the magazine capacity of the equipped weapon,making reloading less frequent.Ιt is especially helpful for fast-firing weapons as it prevents the weapon from burning through the mag ammunition quickly.
Percentage increase varies, going from 33% (some pistols) to 300% (Assault Shotgun)
|Extended Clip - Ammo Per Magazine|
|Type of Weapon||Weapon||Mag capacity||Mag capacity (after increase)||Percentage increase|
|Light Machine Guns|
|Heavy Sniper Mk II||6||8||33%|
The Flashlight is a small attachment mounted on the side of the barrel that can illuminate areas.It only functions when aiming down the sights,and can be turned on/off.The Flashlight's power is limited but is sufficient enough to illuminate dark areas,making the attachment effective at night. A downside is that active flashlights can help other players spot the user more easily.
Something worth noting is that when a player looks directly at an active flashlight, it lights up the screen. This makes seeing the flashlight user harder at night.
The Scope is an optical attachment that replaces the equipped weapon's iron sights with a precision scope. On third person view, the scope only affects the zoom level while aiming the weapon, making engaging targets at long range easier. On first person view, it replaces the iron sights with a red dot sight, which is effective if one does not like the weapon's sights, especially if they are obstructive.
The Advanced Scope is an attachment exclusive to the Sniper Rifle and Heavy Sniper. It increases the scope magnification and also changes the scope overlay. The attachment is helpful for long-range fights.
The Grip is an underbarrel attachment.The grip increases accuracy,which is especially useful at mid-range and long-range.This is also noticeable in first person view as it decreases the viewkick caused by the weapon when firing.
The Suppressor is a barrel modification that silences the shots of the equipped weapon and also decreases muzzle flash. Suppressor are helpful for stealth purposes as they tend to make people more oblivious to gunfire than unsuppressed weapons. In some missions of Grand Theft Auto V, namely "Friends Reunited", "The Merryweather Heist",Monkey Business","The Construction Assassination" and "The Third Way", it is possible to use suppressed weapons to kill foes without alterting nearby NPCs (unless they see the body). In Grand Theft Auto Online, firing a suppressed weapon in Deathmatches does not make the player show up on the mini-map as they would by firing an unsuppressed weapon. However, as downsides, the damage per shot and maximum range of the equipped weapon are slightly decreased.
The Combat PDW features an integrated suppressor.
The Drum magazine is an attachment introduced in Grand Theft Auto Online with the GTA Online: Further Adventures in Finance and Felony update. It functions like the Extended Clip attachment, except that the ammo increase is significantly larger and lowers reload speed. In the case of the Carbine Rifle, the attachment is referred to as Box magazine, having the appearance of a light machine gun-style belt box. On the Special Carbine, the drum magazine takes the appearance of a Beta C-Mag.
|Drum Magazine - Ammo Per Magazine|
|Weapon||Mag capacity||Mag capacity (after increase)||Percentage increase|
- The "Extended Clip" attachment name is incorrect. Clips are extremely uncommon and the term is sometimes used to refer to magazines. Technically, clips are intended to feed the magazine, and magazines are intended to feed the weapon. At this point, "extended clips" means that there are more bullets in a normal size magazine (i.e. feeding a 30-bullet cartridge magazine box with more than 30 bullet cartridges), but in-game, all receives an enlarged magazine. The correct name would be "Extended Magazine".
- After the Heists Update, the brown scope variant was changed to black. The front lens of the scope was also tinted yellow. However, the scope's vision and zoom were not affected, instead retaining the same red dot.
- In the official BradyGames guide, it lists the RPG as having a Grip attachment. It is possible that this was a cut feature.
- Strangely, after downloading the 1.34 update, the Combat PDW and Heavy Shotgun in Story Mode will gain the drum and box magazine respectively, provided if you already have the gun in one or each of the character's weapon wheel. The PDW gains this attachment when you have Extended Clip applied to the gun, conversely, the Heavy Shotgun gains it when you do not have the attachment. This is most likely a glitch because the rest of the guns eligible for this attachment do not have it applied nor is the option to purchase it is available, even for the affected guns.