- "We gotta torch those fields. I only hope Gaia can forgive us!"
- ―The Truth
After the completion of Farewell, My Love..., Catalina gives Carl a deed to an old Xoomer garage in Doherty, San Fierro. The Truth calls, stating that the weed is finally ready, and asks Carl to come see him. Carl meets the Truth at his farm, pays him for the weed, and prepares to leave in the Truth's Mothership when the two hear a police helicopter outside. The Truth panics, realizing that Tenpenny set them up and that they must destroy the weed; he takes two flamethrowers, gives one to Carl, and the two torch the farm. After the weed is destroyed, the Truth gives Carl a rocket launcher, which he uses to destroy the helicopter, since they cannot escape it. Carl and the Truth get into the Mothership and drive to the garage in Doherty. After arriving at the garage, they realize that it is derelict, much to Carl's frustration.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go and help The Truth destroy the weed
- Go and speak to the Truth
- Take out the chopper
- Get inside the mothership
- Drive the mothership to the garage in San Fierro
Tips and Tricks
- Explosives, such as grenades and Molotov Cocktails can be used to destroy the weed. Vehicles such as the Combine Harvester can also be used.
- Completing the Firefighter side missions will make Carl fireproof. As such, he will not need to worry about running through the flames to torch the weed.
- Stand around the middle of the "walkway" and aim at the weeds that are far left or far right of the field. Then depress the firing trigger and make sure the weed is completely on fire before "strafing" either directly left or right and set the next set of weed on fire. There should be more than enough ammo to finish all the weeds in the field if the player is slow and methodical. This also prevent CJ from running wild and accidently set himself on fire if he isn't invincible to fire and flame yet.
- For the shooting down the helicopter part, although it is possible to shoot down the helicopter while it is on the move, it is very difficult since in GTA:SA, the RPG is far slower moving and without any tracking ability, will easily miss a moving target. It's just better to wait until it stops at the entrance to Truth farm where it is stationary, making it a sitting duck to be shot down.
- The mission's name (and the mission unlocked by it) are references to the Scott McKenzie song San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair).
- Although Carl pays The Truth for the weed, his balance is not decreased.
- Unlike those that spawn during regular pursuits, the Police Maverick the player is required to shoot down actually has a pilot. He is a standard Rural Police officer and, once the chopper crashes, he might occasionally drop a Pistol and a Nightstick.
- The helicopter's search light is in the middle of the helicopter and is wider than the helicopter.
- The host of K-DST mentions this mission: "Great to hear about that weed farm going up in smoke. Just wish I'd been in the neighbourhood with a good pair of lungs."
- If the helicopter was destroyed by other means before The Truth's weed are all destroyed (and when he's supposed to hand Carl the RPG), likely with a Sniper Rifle, the game skips to the part where Carl gets in in the Mothership and drives to San Fierro.
- It's possible for the player to obtain The Truth's Mothership Camper by killing him while torching the weed thus failing the mission. The other way is on the mission Black Project and Riot.
- The mothership, before the helicopter is destroyed, seems to be invulnerable to explosions and flames from sources other than the RPG carried by CJ (accidently had the helicopter fall and crash very close to it and then explode on the ground on the PS2 and Xbox (X360) version).
- The reason why is probably simply the Truth will stop the Mothership directly at the entrance to Truth's Farm, which will also cause the Helicopter to stop directly above it. If the player then shoot down the helicopter while both vehicles are stopped in this position, the chance the falling helicopter will crash either directly on top or near the Mothership and then take it out in ensuing explosion is extremely high. This of course, will instantly fail the mission since this will most likely kill Truth instantly also.