|This article (or section) refers to content in the Enhanced version for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC release of Grand Theft Auto Online that may be absent from other versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the Enhanced version for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC version of Grand Theft Auto Online, please see here.
Grand Theft Auto Online
The vehicle is evidently based on the Howe & Howe Ripsaw EV2, characterized by the low profile and the suspension system, with the tracks appearing similar to the M41 Walker Bulldog, a light tank used in the 1950s and 60s.
The vehicle is depicted as a small tracked vehicle with a rather angular design, where the lower area has a slanted profile that is fitted with two towing hooks, along with a heavy-duty bumper that mounts a silver frame on top, a winch behind it and small square-shaped headlights on the outer edges and above, beside the top frame. The upper area is mostly covered by carbon-fiber panels, while the silver badging can be seen on the upper surface of the front bumper.
The sides of the vehicle consist of protective frames and flat sections with carbon-fiber panels above the tracks, while the exhausts can be seen on the rear half of the vehicle, almost hidden by the tracks. The front/cabin section consist of a large windshield with black trim around and a small roof extension above, top-hinged access doors with cabon-fiber handles and dual triangle-shaped windows with black trim around, and carbon-fiber panels on the roof area. Around the middle/engine bay section, there are three black vented sections and silver badging on either side of the vehicle, large vents on the upper side and dual protective frames with black sections, with the frontal one having additional framing and panelling for the LED floodlight bar (with the same light bar being also derived from vehicles like the Riata, the Kamacho and the Barrage).
The rear of the vehicle is rather traditional, featuring a small rusty bed with benches and an open back for the rear passengers, together with what looks like small vents on top of the rear bed walls. The rear end has silver badging on the driver side and rectangular tail lamp housings, each one consisting of small indicators on the upper outer corners, inner brake lights, outer main lights and lower reverse lights. The rear bumper is large and features a winch hook on the center and two unusable red lights.
The interior uses components from race-type vehicles, in a layout intended to replicate the one from the Ripsaw EV2. There is a digital speedometer on the driver side and five gauges on the passenger side facing to the driver, as well as another screen and the radio display on the middle. There are several devices identical to those from the TM-02 Khanjali and numerous buttons also found on race-type interiors, as well as silver badging on the steering wheel.
Most of the vehicle's bodywork and the details of the steering wheel are painted in a primary color, while the front bumper, the protective frames and the suspension springs are painted in a secondary color. The Scarab features two continuous tracks, each one supported by five road wheels distributed into three suspension arms, along with two return rollers, the front idler wheel and the rear drive sprocket.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto Online
The Scarab accelerates fairly quick compared to other tracked vehicles and possess above average handling, as well as extremely good braking capabilities. The Scarab's biggest weakness, however, is its mediocre top speed; even with boost, it is unable to pass 75 miles an hour. While having good suspension, scoop upgrades may hinder its capabilities.
Although it is not heavy enough to crush cars like the Rhino Tank or the TM-02 Khanjali, the Scarab can still pose a threat towards anyone. The vehicle can push away vehicles with ease and is difficult to be pushed by other light cars, making it an excellent choice for transportation around the map.
The vehicle is powered by a diesel engine located around the middle section, given the location of the vents. It shares the same engine sound with vehicles like the Phantom Custom, the Hauler Custom and the Chernobog.
- The vehicle can be installed with both "Jump" mods and "Shunt" mods. The Jump modifications come in three levels of effectiveness and can be activated using the horn button. When activated, the vehicle will be launched into the air, in a similar way to the Ruiner 2000 and Scramjet. The Shunt modifications allow the vehicle to shunt to the side.
- The vehicle can be installed with Boost upgrades. This can be used to significantly speed up the vehicle. It can be used repeatedly while driving the vehicle, but it is better to let it fully recharge for maximum efficiency.
Compared to other Arena vehicles, the Scarab excels in armor resistance, able to take up to six rockets before being destroyed. However, its windshield is pretty large, leaving the front occupants vulnerable to gunfire, with little to no protection for the rear passengers. These issues can be solved with the addition of the Full Armor plate, which leaves a smaller weak spot on the windshield, and the Plated Cage upgrade, which covers most of the rear bed while allowing the rear passenger to shoot at any enemy behind the vehicle.
- The vehicle can be fitted with a Ram Weapon. The ram weapon behaves in a similar way to the updated scoops and ramming bars of the RCV and Armored Boxville, causing a large amount of damage to other vehicles and often sending them flying into mid-air with little to no disadvantage against the vehicle itself, and no damage to the vehicle's engine whatsoever. It should be noted that the effectiveness against other players is significantly reduced compared to its effectiveness against NPCs and their vehicles.
- Mounted .50 Cal: The Scarab can be modified to have a single machine gun, which behaves similarly to other front-mounted machine guns from various armed land vehicles. While having good damage against most targets, it struggles to defeat heavily-armored vehicles.
- The vehicle has the option for installing Proximity Mines. Unlike Weaponized Vehicles added in the Gunrunning update, the Scarab, along with all Arena Cars in the Arena War update, has five different Proximity Mine choices: Kinetic, Spike, EMP, Slick and Sticky;
- The Kinetic option (orange flashing light) creates a small impulse spreading several meters around the area, sending players and vehicles into the air. The impulse deals little damage to both players and vehicles.
- The Spike option (dark blue flashing light) bursts the tires of vehicles passing over or near it, as well as dealing a small amount of damage to the vehicle, mainly effecting the vehicle's windows, but otherwise dealing no damage or force. The mine does not burst vehicles with Bulletproof Tires installed.
- The EMP option (light blue flashing light) disables the vehicle's electronics when passing over it. The accelerator, brakes and steering, as well as the radio and other features are disabled for around 5 seconds before reactivating. It also deals a small amount of damage to players. The player will be notified by whom their vehicle was disabled by in a small notification above the radar.
- The Slick option (green flashing light) bursts a large amount of oil on the surface, causing vehicles passing over it to lose control. This deals no damage to both vehicles or players.
- The Sticky option (purple flashing light) bursts a large amount of sticky substance on the surface, causing vehicles passing over it to slow down. This deals no damage to both vehicles or players.
- The tank can also be installed with bodywork Spikes. These spikes deal damage to NPCs and players, contact with the spikes can instantly kill them.
GTA Online Overview
(0-60 mph in Seconds)
(mph / kmh)
(FWD / RWD / AWD)
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||62 / 100||1||N/A||AWD||5000 / 11023||N/A|
|N/A||N/A||1||N/A||AWD||Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed|
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Boost Upgrade 20%||$100,000|
|Boost Upgrade 60%||$230,000|
|Boost Upgrade 100%||$400,000|
|Rear War Poles||$6,720
|Skull Cross w/ War Poles||$7,980
|Skull Cross w/ Spears||$8,400
|Load'a War Poles||$8,610
|Body Spikes MK2||$75,500
|Body Spikes MK3||$99,500
|Armor Plating||No Armor Plating||$20,000|
|Secondary Full Armor||$29,800
|Carbon Full Armor||$30,200
|Rusty Full Armor||$30,600
|Body Plating||Stock Body Plating||$200|
|Alt Front Plate||$750|
|Alt Front Plate Mk2||$1,340|
|Roll Cages||No Roll Cage||$5,000|
|Alt Rusty Walls||$24,300|
|Engine||Engine Tunes||EMS Upgrade, Level 1||$9,000|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 2||$12,500|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 3||$18,000|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 4||$33,500|
|Engine Covers||Stock Engine Cover||$200|
|Air Filtration Vents||$5,000
|Long Range Equipment||$5,700
|Top Mounted Exhaust||$3,000|
|Slanted Top Mounted||$9,550|
|Horns||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Horns||-|
|Neon Kits||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Lights||-|
|Light Edge Rust||$18,240|
|Worn Camo 1||$41,040
|Worn Camo 2||$43,320
|Respray||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Respray Colors||-|
|Carbon Half Cover||$5,500|
|Full Carbon Half Cover||$8,000|
|Primary Full Cover||$14,000|
|Full Cover Kit||$14,500|
|Armor Plated Cover||$15,000|
|Armor Plated Kit||$15,500|
|Mega Cover Kit||$33,000
|Armored Mega Cover||$34,000
|Armored Mega Cover Kit||$34,800
|Jump Upgrade 20%||$130,000|
|Jump Upgrade 60%||$224,000|
|Jump Upgrade 100%||$420,000|
|Mounted .50 Cal (Rusted)||$297,000|
|Mounted .50 Cal (Clean)||$325,000|
|Proximity Mine||No Proximity Mine||$50,000|
- (AW) Unlock this item for purchase via the Arena War Career.
- * Headlights are not available if a "Ram Weapon" modification is installed (except "Light Ram").
Grand Theft Auto Online
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Can be purchased at the Arena War website for $3,076,290 or $2,313,000 (trade price as a Sponsorship Tier reward in the Arena War Career).
- The vehicle comes with the "Light Edge Rust" Livery and a Light Scoop Ram Weapon as standard when purchased.
- On the Arenawar website, the Scarab is incorrectly listed as being able to hold two occupants, despite it being able to actually hold four. The same applies to its two other variants.