|This article needs more images|
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Tetanus shots strongly recommended before purchase."
- ―Arena War description.
Grand Theft Auto Online
In-game, it is essentially an Impaler with several modifications. It features rusted bumpers and the hood sports a combination of a triple bug catcher and hood scoop. The rear wheel arches were enlarged in order to fit the massive wheels, now featuring thick drag tires. Exhaust stacks are visible on either side of the vehicle, below the doors and the windows have steel mesh gratings. By default comes with the "Sunburnt" livery and a Light Scoop.
While identical to its two other variants, it has a worn bodywork with a rusty underside.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto Online
- The vehicle can be installed with both "Jump" mods and "Shunt" mods. The Jump modifications come in three levels of effectiveness and can be activated using the horn button. When activated, the vehicle will be launched into the air, in a similar way to the Ruiner 2000 and Scramjet. The Shunt modifications allow the vehicle to shunt to the side.
- The vehicle can be installed with Boost upgrades. This can be used to significantly speed up the vehicle. It can be used repeteadly while driving the vehicle, but it is better to let it fully recharge for maximum efficiency.
The window steel mesh gratings does not offer actual protection, leaving the occupants vulnerable to gunfire. However, the Heavy Armor upgrade gives great protection on the back and slight protection on the front, but still leaves the side windows with no armor.
- The vehicle can be fitted with a Ram Weapon, namely scoops. The ram weapon behaves in a similar way to the updated scoops and ramming bars of the RCV and Armored Boxville, causing a large amount of damage to other vehicles and often sending them flying into mid-air with little to no disadvantage against the vehicle itself, and no damage to the vehicle's engine whatsoever. It should be noted that the effectiveness against other players is significantly reduced compared to its effectiveness against NPCs and their vehicles.
- The Impaler can be modified to have two .50 caliber machine guns. They behave similarly to other front-mounted machine guns from various armed land vehicles, but it is difficult to use and lacks enough firepower to sort out heavily-armored vehicles.
- The vehicle has the option for installing Proximity Mines. Unlike Weaponized Vehicles added in the Gunrunning update, the Impaler, along with all Arena Cars in the Arena War update, has five different Proximity Mine choices: Kinetic, Spike, EMP, Slick and Sticky;
- The Kinetic option (orange flashing light) creates a small impulse spreading several meters around the area, sending players and vehicles into the air. The impulse deals little damage to both players and vehicles.
- The Spike option (dark blue flashing light) bursts the tires of vehicles passing over or near it, as well as dealing a small amount of damage to the vehicle, mainly effecting the vehicle's windows, but otherwise dealing no damage or force. The mine does not burst vehicles with Bulletproof Tires installed.
- The EMP option (light blue flashing light) disables the vehicle's electronics when passing over it. The accelerator, brakes and steering, as well as the radio and other features are disabled for around 5 seconds before reactivating. It also deals a small amount of damage to players. The player will be notified by whom their vehicle was disabled by in a small notification above the radar.
- The Slick option (green flashing light) bursts a large amount of oil on the surface, causing vehicles passing over it to lose control. This deals no damage to both vehicles or players.
- The Sticky option (purple flashing light) bursts a large amount of sticky substance on the surface, causing vehicles passing over it to slow down. This deals no damage to both vehicles or players.
- The truck can also be installed with bodywork Spikes. These spikes deal damage to NPCs and players, contact with the spikes can instantly kill them.
GTA Online Overview
(0-60 mph in Seconds)
(mph / kmh)
(FWD / RWD / AWD)
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||96 / 155||5||N/A||RWD||635 / 1400||65|
|N/A||N/A||5||N/A||RWD||Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed|
Grand Theft Auto Online
The Apocalypse Impaler can only be modified at an Arena Workshop.
|Boost Upgrade 20%||$100,000|
|Boost Upgrade 60%||$230,000|
|Boost Upgrade 100%||$400,000|
|Bumpers||Front Bumpers||Stock Front Bumper||$2,200|
|Rear Bumpers||Stock Rear Bumper||$2,200|
|It's a Stick Up||$8,400|
|The Dark Ages||$8,610|
|Armor Plating||No Armor Plating||$20,000|
|Roll Cage||No Roll Cage||$5,000|
|Painted Roll Cage||$17,500|
|Engine||Engine Tunes||EMS Upgrade, Level 1||$9,000|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 2||$12,500|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 3||$18,000|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 4||$33,500|
|Engine Blocks||Stock Engine Block||$260|
|Single Intake Bug Catcher||$900|
|Single Intake V2 Bug Catcher||$1,500|
|High Rise Ram Pipes||$1,700|
|Triple Exit Side Exhausts||$750|
|Light Armored Hood||$3,000|
|Medium Armored Hood||$5,000|
|Electric Blue Lights||$49,800|
|Mint Green Lights||$50,400|
|Lime Green Lights||$51,000|
|Golden Shower Lights||$52,200|
|Pony Pink Lights||$54,000|
|Hot Pink Lights||$54,600|
|Rust? What Rust?||$41,040|
|Tis But A Scratch!||$43,320|
|Light Armored Trunk||$7,050|
|Medium Armored Trunk||$10,000|
|Jump Upgrade 20%||$130,000|
|Jump Upgrade 60%||$224,000|
|Jump Upgrade 100%||$420,000|
|Wheelie Bars||No Wheelie Bar||$21,000|
|Mounted .50 Cal (Rusted)||$297,000|
|Mounted .50 Cal (Clean)||$325,000|
|Proximity Mine||No Proximity Mine||$50,000|
- (AW) Unlock this item for purchase via the Arena War Career.