|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- — Arena War description.
- 1 Design
- 2 Performance
- 3 Modifications
- 4 Image Gallery
- 5 Locations
- 6 See Also
- 7 References
- 8 Navigation
Grand Theft Auto Online
The body of the vehicle is based on the Mercedes-Benz W114/W115 limousine, although it is directly inspired by the Mercedes-Benz W123-based "People Eater's" limousine from the 2015 action film Mad Max: Fury Road, evident by the concept of a limousine chassis mounted on a six-wheeled truck frame, with multiple bumpers of varying sizes attached to the front end of the vehicle.
The vehicle is depicted as a limousine variant of the Glendale mounted to a six-wheeled truck chassis, having a worn appearance with rusty details around it. The front features multiple bumpers appearing to be from different vehicles aside from its original one, with the lower one being an enlarged and modified variation of the Trashmaster one, the middle one from an unknown vehicle and the upper one from an Hermes. On the sides, the vehicle's body assumes a 3-box design with four inner pillars, while the chassis features large side steps for access, the corresponding fuel/oil tanks in between and two large exhaust stacks running across the sides, with the tips bent upwards on where the rear wheel arches of the bodywork are located. The rear section of the bodywork remains identical to the standard Glendale, but the boot compartment and the rear license plate are missing. A steel cage-like structure is seen from the boot of the vehicle and reaches the rear end of the truck chassis. The interior of the car is the same as the standard Glendale, obviously altered to fit into the limousine layout.
The vehicle only has access for a primary colour applied on the bodywork. It uses a set of black plain wheels similar to industrial vehicles like the Dock Handler, the Barracks and the Barracks Semi, wrapped in high-profile tyres. When switching to custom rims, it is revealed that the wheel colour is set to yellow upon conversion.
The vehicle can be equipped with two machine guns (a top-mounted gun on the left fender resembling a Browning M2HB and a side-mounted gun on the right fender resembling either an M1919 Browning or a short-barreled Browning M2HB).
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto Online
For a large six-wheeled vehicle, the Bruiser handles remarkably well. Its acceleration is above average and easily outclasses other vehicles of its size such as the Phantom or the Barracks. Top speed is acceptable, at around 100 miles per hour before redlining. Braking, however, leaves much to be desired, as it is slow to come to a complete stop but is manageable if caution is used.
Due to the vehicle's incredibly long wheelbase, it struggles a bit when navigating streets or the arena and tends to suffer from understeer and when accelerating, fishtailing. Furthermore, it can be pushed off quite easily by other, heavier vehicles, often resulting it in being rolled over, in addition to driving through steep slopes that can also result in it rolling over.
Despite the Bruiser having a front differential and a transfer case visible, it does not have AWD characteristics. This makes it very tough to climb steep hills. Even on flat rough terrain, it struggles to sort small obstacles like barriers or rocks, due to its front bumper having extremely low clearance. The rear end, on the other part, has no obstruction, allowing to sort these obstacles easily.
Like the Glendale and the other Bruisers, the vehicle is powered by the same engine fitted to the Regina and Tornado, being a single-overhead camshaft V8 fitted with a cylindrical air filter. Said engine is coupled to a 5-speed gearbox and powers the four rear wheels. Its sound is also smoother and mid-revving, similar to the one used on vehicles like the Ramp Buggy and the Dune FAV.
Its traction can be slightly increased with any "Spoiler" modification, even though they are not technically spoilers.
- The vehicle can be installed with both "Jump" mods and "Shunt" mods. The Jump modifications come in three levels of effectiveness and can be activated using the horn button. When activated, the vehicle will be launched into the air, in a similar way to the Ruiner 2000 and Scramjet. The Shunt modifications allow the vehicle to shunt to the side.
- The vehicle can be installed with Boost upgrades. This can be used to significantly speed up the vehicle. It can be used repeatedly while driving the vehicle, but it is better to let it fully recharge for maximum efficiency.
The Bruiser excels in an enforcer. Due to its large size and optional ram modification, it is capable of pushing all but the largest vehicles out of its way with no effort. Only large vehicles like Phantoms or Utility Trucks will not be pushed out of the way and will slow the Bruiser down. Furthermore, owing to its large, exposed wheels, they are vulnerable to gunfire or being pierced by spike strips if not fitted with bulletproof tires; the tires can cause the wheels to camber if burst, which greatly affects its handling.
- The vehicle can be fitted with a Ram Weapon. The ram weapon behaves in a similar way to the updated scoops and ramming bars of the RCV and Armored Boxville, causing a large amount of damage to other vehicles and often sending them flying into mid-air with little to no disadvantage against the vehicle itself, and no damage to the vehicle's engine whatsoever. It should be noted that the effectiveness against other players is significantly reduced compared to its effectiveness against NPCs and their vehicles.
- Dual .50 Cal: The Bruiser can be modified to have two machine guns, which behave similarly to other front-mounted machine guns from various armed land vehicles. While having good damage against most targets, it struggles to defeat heavily-armoured vehicles.
- The vehicle has the option for installing Proximity Mines. Unlike Weaponized Vehicles added in the Gunrunning update, the Bruiser, along with all Arena Cars in the Arena War update, has five different Proximity Mine choices: Kinetic, Spike, EMP, Slick and Sticky;
- The Kinetic option (orange flashing light) creates a small impulse spreading several meters around the area, sending players and vehicles into the air. The impulse deals little damage to both players and vehicles.
- The Spike option (dark blue flashing light) bursts the tires of vehicles passing over or near it, as well as dealing a small amount of damage to the vehicle, mainly effecting the vehicle's windows, but otherwise dealing no damage or force. The mine does not burst vehicles with Bulletproof Tires installed.
- The EMP option (light blue flashing light) disables the vehicle's electronics when passing over it. The accelerator, brakes and steering, as well as the radio and other features are disabled for around 5 seconds before reactivating. It also deals a small amount of damage to players. The player will be notified by whom their vehicle was disabled by in a small notification above the radar.
- The Slick option (green flashing light) bursts a large amount of oil on the surface, causing vehicles passing over it to lose control. This deals no damage to both vehicles or players.
- The Sticky option (purple flashing light) bursts a large amount of sticky substance on the surface, causing vehicles passing over it to slow down. This deals no damage to both vehicles or players.
- The truck can also be installed with bodywork Spikes. These spikes deal damage to NPCs and players, contact with the spikes can instantly kill them.
GTA Online Overview
(0-60 mph in Seconds)
(mph / kmh)
(FWD / RWD / AWD)
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||81 / 130||5||N/A||RWD||6000 / 13228||N/A|
|N/A||N/A||5||V8 (In-game model)||RWD (rear 4)||Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed|
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Boost Upgrade 20%||$100,000
|Boost Upgrade 60%||$230,000
|Boost Upgrade 100%||$400,000
|Skull & Cross||$6,720
|Double Cross Ram Skull||$7,140
|Cross & Skull Large Blade Kit||$7,560
|Ram Skull Nade Kit||$7,980
|Ram Skull Medieval Kit||$8,400
|Ram Skull Medieval Madness||$8,610
|Armor Plating||No Armor Plating||$20,000|
|Engine||EMS Upgrade, Level 1||$9,000|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 2||$12,500|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 3||$18,000|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 4||$33,500|
|Triple Rear Exhausts||$750|
|Twin Oval Exhausts||$3,600
|Long Triple Rear Exhausts||$6,000
|Front & Rear Triple Exhausts||$19,100
|Rusty Light Armor Grille||$750|
|Medium Armor Grille||$1,340|
|Diamond Heavy Armor Grille||$3,300
|Rusty Light Armor Hood||$3,000|
|Worn Light Armor Hood||$5,000|
|Diamond Light Armor Hood||$8,000|
|Rusty Medium Armor Hood||$9,600|
|Worn Medium Armor Hood||$11,000|
|Diamond Medium Armor Hood||$11,600|
|Rusty Heavy Armor Hood||$12,000|
|Worn Heavy Armor Hood||$12,400|
|Diamond Heavy Armor Hood||$12,400|
|Exposed Stock Hood||$12,500|
|Exposed Rusty Armor Hood||$12,900|
|Exposed Worn Armor Hood||$13,250|
|Exposed Diamond Plated Hood||$13,600|
|Horns||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Horns||-|
|Neon Kits||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Lights||-|
|Light Rust Livery||$18,240|
|Basic Rust Livery||$38,760
|Medium Rust Livery||$41,040
|Heavy Rust Livery||$43,320
|Respray||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Respray Colors||-|
|Rusty Light Armor Roof||$700|
|Medium Armor Roof||$1,150|
|Diamond Heavy Armor Roof||$1,600|
|Stack of Barrels||$7,050|
|Barrels & Junk||$20,000
|Jump Upgrade 20%||$130,000|
|Jump Upgrade 60%||$224,000|
|Jump Upgrade 100%||$420,000|
|Wheels||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Wheels||-|
|Mounted .50 Cal (Clean)||$297,000|
|Mounted .50 Cal (Rusted)||$325,000|
|Proximity Mine||No Proximity Mine||$50,000|
- (AW) Unlock this item for purchase via the Arena War Career.
Grand Theft Auto Online
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Can be converted from a Glendale at the Arena Workshop, for $1,609,000. Note that the vehicle cannot be transfered to any other garage.
- The vehicle comes with the "Light Rust Livery" and a Light Scoop Ram Weapon as standard upon conversion.