|This article is about the motorcycle club. For other uses, see Angel.|
The Angels of Death Motorcycle Club is an outlaw motorcycle club featured in Grand Theft Auto IV, The Ballad of Gay Tony, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, and as the main antagonist gang in The Lost and Damned.
The Angels of Death MC is an outlaw motorcycle club operating in Algonquin, Liberty City where they frequently hang out at their clubhouse located in North Holland. They receive Heroin from the Triads and deal Cocaine with the Spanish Lords. Similar to the relationship between the Albanian Mafia and the Ancelottis, the AOD act as extra muscle for the Triads.
Unlike The Lost MC, who in 2008 only have chapters in Liberty City and Alderney, the Angels of Death have numerous chapters including ones in the UK, Europe, Scandinavia, Canada, San Fierro, and Australia as well as one in nearly every American state. However, by 2013, their rivals pose a much bigger threat, expanding on both the East and West Coasts and throughout the Midwest, including chapters in Los Santos and Blaine County. The Angels of Death also have a themepark in Florida and sell branded merchandise such as bed linen, books, party sets, diapers and even dildos.
According to their official in-game website, angelsofdeathonline.com, the Angels of Death started in San Andreas in 1949 as a small riding club, later becoming a gang for people dissatisfied with a non-segregated society. Despite officially denying it on their website, it is inferred there and by other characters that the Angels of Death are white supremacist in nature. Lester Arnold is the leader of the Angels of Death and was born in San Fierro, along with Road Captain Joe Jon Johnson.
Events of GTA IV
Events of TLAD
In The Lost and Damned, Angels of Death members do not spawn in Beechwood City or BOABO anymore, yet they only spawn around their clubhouse in North Holland. The mission Liberty City Choppers suggests there is a chapter present in Tudor; however, it is not seen outside of this mission. In TLAD Multiplayer, the player can enter the Angels of Death clubhouse.
Events of TBOGT
In The Ballad of Gay Tony, Angels of Death members do not spawn in Beechwood City but they do in BOABO. They also spawn in North Holland near their clubhouse and Northwood, near Luis' safehouse where they can be seen patrolling the streets and mingling with the residence. It should be noted that they only appear as pedestrians in TBoGT. They don't appear in any specific missions.
Given that they are a supposed white-supremacist MC, they seem quite out of place in this predominantly African American/Latino area.
Unlike the original game and the first DLC, Angels of Death members spawn frequently in North Holland, where it is supposed to be the North Holland Hustlers' gang territory.
Events of GTA Chinatown Wars
In Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Hsin labels the Angels of Death as one potential suspect for the sabotage of the Triads. He hires Lester Leroc to team up with Huang Lee to investigate. Lester attempts to infiltrate into the gang in order to obtain intel; however, the drugs and biking as part of the admission test is overwhelming for him, thus Huang assists by taking over on the biking stunts, attacking The Lost Brotherhood members and selling drugs. However, after having sex with Meredith, The Angels of Death leader's girlfriend, Lester learns that the gang is innocent in regard to the Triads' sabotage.
Events of GTA V and GTA Online
During a random event in Grand Theft Auto V, a member of The Lost MC tells the protagonist, (Michael or Franklin) that the Angels of Death are finished and that they have no longer any current chapter which means that the gang has been destroyed by The Lost during the time between 2009 and 2013. However this could just be a false bravado on the part of the member in an attempt to "talk up" his club.
Although no members of the club or clubhouses are found in GTA Online, one of the clubhouse logos in the game is the Angels of Death emblem. The player is also able to purchase AoD clothing in any clothing store in the game.
- Lester Arnold - Liberty City chapter President
- Joseph Johnson - Road Captain
- Albert Lawson - Lieutenant
- Unnamed lieutenant †
- Lester Leroc - Prospect (undercover, formerly)
- Meredith - Old lady of Lester Arnold (formerly)
- GTA IV
- Clean and Serene
- Angels in America
- It's War
- Liberty City Choppers
- Hit the Pipe
- Heavy Toll
- GTA CW
This is a list of the areas where the Angels of Death appear throughout Liberty City.
- Beechwood City, Liberty City
- BOABO, Liberty City
- North Holland, Liberty City
- Northwood, Liberty City
- Boulevard, Liberty City
- Skyway Diner, Tudor, Alderney
Weapons of Choice
GTA IV and The Ballad of Gay Tony
They act and behave like civilians, only armed and aggressive.
The Lost and Damned
Full on gang members, arch enemies, will have more weaponry.
- Automatic Pistol
- Micro SMG
- Sawn-Off Shotgun
- Assault Rifle - (Gang Wars Only)
- Grenade - (Gang Wars Only)
The Angels of Death appear to be based on the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club, particularly from their name, color of choice (red), and date and location of founding (both originated from the west coast of the United States in the late 1940's). According to a special Weazel News report, the Angels of Death claim that they are just a "social club," a hint to the Hells Angels who claim exactly the same thing about themselves; Both the Hells Angels and the Angels of Death have books written about them by their leaders. The Hells Angels are also popularly assumed to be a white supremacist gang due to the predominantly white membership, although the Hells Angels have never officially endorsed white supremacy.
The club's name may also be a reference to Josef Mengele, a Nazi physician who was nicknamed "the Angel of Death" due to the deadly human experiments he performed on prisoners of war at the Auschwitz concentration camp.
- An OG Loc CD can be found next to the jukebox in the Angels of Death Clubhouse. This is somewhat ironic as the Angels of Death are supposedly a white supremacist gang.
- Given that they are a supposed white supremacist gang, it also seems that the Angels of Death are neo-Confederates; given that the Confederate Battle Flag appears as a significant part of their gang symbolism. The flag appears either as a background for the skull logo, or with a decayed texture and a stylized eagle flying across it. This is most prominent in TLAD.
- Some members of the Angels of Death seem to be veterans of the Vietnam War, as identified by their patches.
- The Lost always call Angels of Death members "Deadbeats". In the same way, The Lost members are called "Losers" by the AoD.
- Lester Leroc also refers to the Angels of Death as "Deadbeats".
- In GTA IV's Multiplayer "Mafiya Work" mode, Kenny Petrovic reveals that the leader of the AoD organization (Lester Arnold) has a bike which he calls "Sexy Charlie," and then orders it to be destroyed.
- During gang wars in The Lost and Damned, Johnny sometimes yells "Go back to San Fierro" at Angels of Death members, referencing the fact that the club began in San Fierro.
- Some pedestrians in GTA IV and GTA V can be seen wearing Angels of Death merchandise.