The Angels of Death Motorcycle Club also known to law enforcement as Angels of Death Outlaw Motorcycle Gang (OMG) is an outlaw motorcycle club featured in Grand Theft Auto IV, The Ballad of Gay Tony, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, and as the main antagonist gang in The Lost and Damned.
- 1 Description
- 2 Events of GTA IV
- 3 Events of The Lost and Damned
- 4 Events of The Ballad of Gay Tony
- 5 Events of GTA Chinatown Wars
- 6 Events of GTA V
- 7 Events of GTA Online
- 8 Members
- 9 Mission Appearances
- 10 Territory
- 11 Weapons of Choice
- 12 Influence
- 13 Gallery
- 14 Trivia
- 15 References
- 16 Navigation
The Angels of Death MC is an outlaw motorcycle club operating in Algonquin, Liberty City where they frequently hang out at their clubhouse located in North Holland. They receive Heroin from the Triads and deal Cocaine with the Spanish Lords. Similar to the relationship between the Albanian Mafia and the Ancelottis, the AoD act as extra muscle for the Triads.
Unlike The Lost MC, who in 2008 only have chapters in Liberty City and Alderney, the Angels of Death have numerous chapters including ones in the UK, Europe, Scandinavia, Canada, San Fierro, and Australia as well as one in nearly every American state. The Angels of Death also have a theme park in Florida and sell branded merchandise such as bed linen, books, party sets, diapers and even dildos.
According to their official in-game website, angelsofdeathonline.com, the Angels of Death started in San Andreas in 1949 as a small riding club, later becoming a gang for people dissatisfied with a non-segregated society. Despite officially denying it on their website, it is inferred there and by other characters that the Angels of Death are white supremacist in nature.
The Angels of Death are identifiable by their distinctive back patch, featuring their signature "Winged Skull" with three rockers; a top rocker with the club name, a bottom rocker of the city (e.g. Liberty City, Los Santos), and an "MC" rocker placed just right of the skull. The gang's membership comprises of white males, often middle-aged or older. The Angels of Death dress like stereotypical bikers, wearing decorated leather or denim cuts, Perfecto-style leather jackets, red flannel shirts, gang T-shirts, bandannas, jeans or leather pants, and motorcycle boots. Common imagery on their clothing includes gang symbols, skulls, and Iron Crosses, a nod to both their biker lifestyle and white supremacist ideals. The Lost And Damned expands the appearances, including younger male members, and introducing old ladies, who often dress in a gothic style.
Events of GTA IV
Events of The Lost and Damned
In The Lost and Damned, Angels of Death members do not spawn in Beechwood City or BOABO anymore, yet they only spawn around their clubhouse in North Holland. The mission Liberty City Choppers suggests there is a chapter present in Tudor; however, it is not seen outside of this mission. In The Lost and Damned Multiplayer, the player can enter the Angels of Death clubhouse.
Events of The Ballad of Gay Tony
In The Ballad of Gay Tony, Angels of Death members do not spawn in Beechwood City but they do in BOABO. They also spawn in North Holland near their clubhouse and Northwood, near Luis' safehouse where they can be seen patrolling the streets and mingling with the residence. Why they spawn in these areas is unknown, as these areas are normally controlled by the Hustlers, Spanish Lords, and the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers.
It should be noted that they only appear as pedestrians in The Ballad of Gay Tony, and are completely absent in the story.
Events of GTA Chinatown Wars
In Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Hsin labels the Angels of Death as one potential suspect for the sabotage of the Triads. He hires Lester Leroc to team up with Huang Lee to investigate. Lester attempts to infiltrate into the gang in order to obtain intel; however, the drugs and biking as part of the admission test is overwhelming for him, thus Huang assists by taking over on the biking stunts, attacking The Lost Brotherhood members and selling drugs. However, after having sex with Meredith, The Angels of Death leader's girlfriend, Lester learns that the gang is innocent in regard to the Triads' sabotage.
Events of GTA V
During a random event in Grand Theft Auto V, a member of The Lost MC tells the protagonist, (Michael or Franklin) that the Angels of Death are finished and that they have no longer any current chapter which means that the gang has been destroyed by The Lost during the time between 2009 and 2013. However this could just be a false bravado on the part of the member in an attempt to "talk up" his club.
Events of GTA Online
Although no members of the club or clubhouses are found in Grand Theft Auto Online, the Bikers update allows players to create their own Angels of Death chapter, as one of the clubhouse logos in the game is the Angels of Death emblem. The player is also able to purchase AoD clothing in any clothing store in the game; three Angels of Death T-shirts are purchasable with two reading "Liberty" and one reading "Los Santos".
- Lester Arnold - Liberty City chapter President
- Joseph Johnson - Road Captain
- Albert Lawson - Lieutenant
- Unnamed lieutenant †
- Lester Leroc - Prospect (undercover, formerly)
- Meredith - Old lady of Lester Arnold (formerly)
The Lost and Damned
- Clean and Serene
- Angels in America
- It's War
- Liberty City Choppers
- Hit the Pipe
- Heavy Toll
GTA Chinatown Wars
The areas where the Angels of Death appear throughout Liberty City and Alderney.
- Beechwood City, Broker, Liberty City
- BOABO, Broker, Liberty City
- North Holland, Algonquin, Liberty City
- Northwood, Algonquin, Liberty City
- Boulevard, Bohan, Liberty City
- Skyway Diner, Tudor, Alderney
Weapons of Choice
GTA IV and The Ballad of Gay Tony
They act and behave like civilians, only armed and aggressive.
The Lost and Damned
Full on gang members, arch enemies, will have more weaponry.
- Automatic Pistol
- Micro SMG
- Sawn-Off Shotgun
- Assault Rifle - (Gang Wars Only)
- Grenade - (Gang Wars Only)
The Angels of Death appear to be based on the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club, particularly from their name, color of choice (red), and date and location of founding (both originated from the west coast of the United States in the late 1940's). According to a special Weazel News report, the Angels of Death claim that they are just a "social club," a hint to the Hells Angels who claim exactly the same thing about themselves; Both the Hells Angels and the Angels of Death have books written about them by their leaders. The Hells Angels are also popularly assumed to be a white supremacist gang due to the predominantly white membership, although the Hells Angels have never officially endorsed white supremacy. Their logo appears to be influenced by the Outlaws Motorcycle Club's "Charlie" emblem.
- An OG Loc CD can be found next to the jukebox in the Angels of Death Clubhouse. This is somewhat ironic as the Angels of Death are supposedly a white supremacist gang.
- The obese, bearded Angel of Death biker has a Rockstar Games logo on his belt buckle.
- Given that they are a supposed white supremacist gang, it also seems that the Angels of Death are neo-Confederates; given that the Confederate Battle Flag appears as a significant part of their gang symbolism. The flag appears either as a background for the skull logo, or with a decayed texture and a stylized eagle flying across it. This is most prominent in TLAD.
- Some members of the Angels of Death seem to be veterans of the Vietnam War, as identified by their patches.
- The Lost always call Angels of Death members "Deadbeats". In the same way, The Lost members are called "Losers" by the AoD.
- Lester Leroc also refers to the Angels of Death as "Deadbeats".
- During gang wars in The Lost and Damned, Johnny sometimes yells "Go back to San Fierro" at Angels of Death members, referencing the club's origins in San Fierro.
- If Johnny approaches the arm-wrestling Angels of Death in a vehicle, they will stop arm-wrestling and either run away or attack him with fists or knives.
- Some pedestrians in GTA IV and GTA V can be seen wearing Angels of Death merchandise, like T-shirts, patches, or baseball caps.
- LCPD Database records.