|For the The Lost and Damned character, see Andreas|
Events of GTA V
Sanchez works for the Federal Investigation Bureau, acting as the right-hand man of highly decorated and corrupt FIB agent Steve Haines, often being seen with him during meetings with Michael De Santa and Dave Norton.
Later on, during Haines' confrontation with Michael and Dave during the events of The Wrap Up, Sanchez is forced to arrest De Santa and Norton through orders of Steve Haines, however before he arrests them, Norton points a gun at Sanchez. Suddenly a rival FIB team (possibly the FIB counterpart of the real life FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility) appears and it is revealed that Sanchez had been secretly working with them and passing them information about Haines' criminal activities. IAA agents and Merryweather mercenaries also appear, enabling a Mexican standoff. During the confrontation, a member of the FIB team shoots Haines in the leg. Haines then shoots Sanchez in the head, killing him instantly.
Following the shootout, Dave tells Michael that they can pin most of the blame on Sanchez.
- GTA V
- Andreas Sanchez's name is probably a play on words of 'San Andreas', the state GTA V takes place in.
- According to the Rush Casting Call, Andreas Sanchez's beta name was Miguel Gonzalez.
- He has a lot in common with Jimmy Hernandez, a character from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- There is unused data in the game that suggests Sanchez was a mobile phone contact for one or all of the protagonists.
- He also has a unused alternative outfit, being the standard FIB blue jackets with 'FIB' decals uniform.