- "All right, fancy clothes. Let's see what you can do."
Tommy has started helping the band Love Fist organize their concert but manager Kent Paul is looking for a security and he suggests Tommy to meet the local Biker gang's leader at The Greasy Chopper. Tommy goes to the bar looking for Mitch Baker and after asking whether he's interested, Tommy is made fun of by Mitch who is playing pool and is questioned whether he can handle a bike before going any further with the alliance he's looking for. Mitch sends three of his bikers (who include Cougar and Zeppelin) to race Tommy in an Angel race. Tommy manages to win the race and thus proves himself worthy handling a bike and being part of the gang.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get a Freeway or an Angel and get to the starting grid.
- Win the bike race
- The song that can be heard playing in the background during the opening cutscene is "Owner of a Lonely Heart" by Yes. The song is also featured on the in-game radio station Flash FM and its riff can be heard from outside the bar before starting the mission.
- The name of the mission may be a reference to the Saxon song "Wheels of Steel". Coincidentally, the same song appears in The Lost and Damned on Liberty Rock Radio.
- Even if Tommy is wearing the Cop Outfit, he is able to trigger the mission, and amusingly Baker will still tell him that he "doesn't look like the law".
- Instead of finding a bike of their own, the player can steal one from one of the bikers waiting at the starting line. Their bikes are "super" Angels, with better speed and handling than a standard Angel. Doing so, however, will forfeit the starting countdown and the race will begin immediately.
- Two of the bikers in this mission are named Zeppelin and Cougar, possible references to the bands Led Zeppelin and Def Leppard.
- The opponents' Angels are notable for having superior acceleration and handling than a normal Angel, lacking the heaviness of stock variants and being able to maintain grip around corners better than even the PCJ 600. The player can acquire one from a dismounted opponent during the race, giving the player a much larger advantage in the race. However, their performance stats are reset to normal as soon as they are stored in a garage.