- — Al Di Napoli
The Vinewood Star Tours guide claims Di Napoli suffered an overdose at The Gentry Manor Hotel in 2002 "after a chimpanzee blasted an 8-ball up his rear door with a water pistol". In 2008, when not performing shows or acting in films or TV in Los Santos or Liberty City, Al lives in Vice City. Al claims to not like the atmosphere of Los Santos and doesn't understand why so many actors love it there. He also annoys Luis asking when him and Tony are expanding the operation down to Vice City.
Events of The Ballad of Gay Tony
During one of the Club Management missions, Dessie calls Luis and asks him to pick up Di Napoli from Hercules, which confuses Luis as Al is not gay. Luis finds him totally wasted at the bar, in the middle of a four day bender, with no idea how he got there. He asks Luis to drive him to Vespucci University for a drug deal with Oscar Gomez and one of his goons, apparently to buy more drugs. However, the deal turns out have been watched by the Liberty City Police Department, and the four are forced to escape. After evading the police ambush, Luis takes Al to the Amdram Theatre for a show in which he starred, called Leg-Less, at which point Di Napoli states that he does his best work high.
A cop reading The Celebinator noticed Al as one of the suspects of the university drug bust, but although Al had several prostitutes to try and backup his alibi of spending all night in his hotel room, he was still considered a suspect.
His play Leg-Less is about a wheelchair bound protagonist struggling to cope with everyday life, as one of the many posters imply. The term "leg less" has a double meaning as leg less can literally mean no legs or colloquially completely drunk as in "so drunk, one cannot walk".
Events of GTA V
He is the target of Nigel and Mrs. Thornhill, two stalkers who enjoy collecting celebrity memorabilia, during the mission Vinewood Souvenirs - Al Di Napoli. They employ Trevor Philips to kidnap him, which he does successfully after a high speed chase through the city.
Later, they tell Trevor that Al is being difficult and let him deal with him however he wishes. Here, the player is presented with the opportunity to release him, or leave him on the train tracks and kill him. If Trevor releases him early, Al will pay him $3,000 and not discuss his kidnapping publicly. If Trevor releases him at the power station, just before the train tracks, Al will pay him $10,000 and, again, not discuss his kidnapping publicly. The latter option of this release on the first completion of this mission is recommended to players who want to increase their cash score. While killing him is essential to getting a gold medal for the related mission, this can be achieved later using a mission replay. While his death is determinant, it is possible that his death is the canonical outcome due to the gold medal requirements for the mission.
The Ballad of Gay Tony
Grand Theft Auto V
|Sometimes it's really tough being a famous hard man as everyone just wants to fight you but they soon see I'm just a big old softie. Despite what my ex wife says in her book.|
|It's great being sober again. And whatever you hear in the papers, I never smoked toilet cleaner, just meth. #cleanandserene|
- Al Di Napoli seems to be a mix between at least 3 Italian-American actors; Al Pacino, Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone.
- He share his first name with Al Pacino, and just like him is Al Di Napoli both movie and theater actor.
- The character of Al Di Napoli is highly influenced by Sylvester Stallone:
- He is the star in the movie The Redeemer, a movie-parody of First Blood (Rambo)
- Al Di Napoli seems to figure in his ex-wife's book, just like Sylvester Stallone figure in his ex-wife, Brigitte Nielsen's biography “You Only Get One Life”.
- Al Di Napoli is from Liberty City (New York City), lives in Los Santos but prefer Vice City (Miami). Pacino, De Niro and Stallone are all from New York. Stallone himself lives in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles and he was educated in Miami.
- Al Di Napoli's possession of art could be influenced by Stallone and Robert De Niro who both beside from the film careers are painters.