Accidents Will Happen is the first mission in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories given to protagonist Victor Vance from avant garde film director Reni Wassulmaier from the InterGlobal Films Studio on Prawn Island, Vice City.
Vic drops by the InterGlobal Films office and Reni has got some job for him. Reni tells Vic that she needs him to do some stunts while being filmed in a red Infernus. Vic gets to the start line and starts stunting through Ocean Beach and Vice Point and driving at fast speed towards other stunt cars causing them to explode. When Vic drives over a ramp, the car crashes into a hotel and comes to a stop inside it.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Drive the stunt car for Reni's commercial.
- Get in the car.
- Drive to the starting line.
- Hit stunt cars to keep your action meter high. If the action meter hits zero, you're fired.
- Follow the route.
- Hit stunt cars to get large action bonuses!
- Hit the last checkpoint at the right speed and heading to clear the jump ahead.
- The Infernus in this mission is explosion-proof. The car takes no damage upon impact with the exploding stunt cars. It also accelerate more quickly compared to the standard Infernus.
- The mission is a homage to two 1980s arcade racing games, Road Fighter and Bump 'n' Jump. The red Infernus used in this mission is similar to the player's red car in Road Fighter, and the objective of hitting enemy cars to destroy them is the main gameplay element of Bump 'n' Jump.