|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Good news! The perfect opportunity for your next experience at the helm has just come up. How about some seaside salvage, boss? It's not stealing. You're just cleaning the ocean."
Salvage is a Superyacht Life mission in Grand Theft Auto Online as part of the Los Santos Summer Special update, released on August 11, 2020. It is given to players by Brendan Darcy, the captain of the player's Galaxy Super Yacht, and is available for 1 to 4 players.
Brendan Darcy informs the player that they have received a distress call from a sunken supply ship not far from the yacht's location, and is an opportunity to collect the sunken cargo. The player is directed to head to a dredge barge just south of the yacht and go underwater around the submerged shipwreck of an Olifantus. There are 10 provided Rebreathers to use for collecting the seven sunken cargo scattered around the sunken ship or the player can user their own Scuba Suit. The mission is set for 12 noon and the water is clear enough to see the seven containers quite clearly amongst the assorted debris on the seabed.
Once all of the cargo is collected, Brendan will congratulate the player for their work, then sounds of broken glass can be heard as Brendan reacts confused. He tells the mystery person to "not point that thing at me", announces he is the captain of the ship, then the transmission ends suddenly.
When the player returns to the ship, they will find that it has been invaded by the Kkangpae, both on the ship itself and circling the ship via Dinghies. After eliminating all of the hijackers, the player will receive a phone call from an unknown number, but Brendan will be on the other end of the line, explaining that he and the bartender have been taken hostage by the Kkangpae as revenge for destroying their yachts. They are being held on the end of a peninsula near Cape Catfish, and the player must reach them while fending off attackers and keeping a far distance from the hostage site, otherwise they will be executed. Once the enemies have been eliminated, the player collects the hostages and Brendan and the bartender will follow them to any waiting watercraft to return to the yacht, where the mission concludes.
Brendan Darcy's Dialogue
- "Alright, boss, lesson two in the Brendan Darcy School of Seafaring: taking advantage of opportunities at sea. Today's opportunity comes courtesy of the distress call we received a minute ago. There's a supply ship not far from here, sounds like they're all in the drink. And as responsible seafarers, the first and only question we need to ask is: what's in it for us? Could be some profitable salvage if you're quick."
- — Shortly after starting the mission.
- "Alright, based on the coordinates from the distress call, you're in the right place. If we're lucky, the supplies might still be in one piece. You can hold your breath, right? Or, you know, just use a rebreather. Whatever works."
- — When arriving at the salvage location.
- "My life's not getting any easier... imagine if one of those leftie politicians stops yachts being a tax write off. Who's gonna but one when they stop being... well, free, for those who can afford it?"
- — While collecting the cargo.
- "Get some goodies? Time to get back to the yacht and we can crack open a few... *crash* Hey! Hey, who the hell are you? Don't point that at me! Now, you listen here, mate, I'm the bloody captai-*smack*"
- — After collecting all of the cargo.
- "Not to alarm you, but this would appear to be a teeny tiny hostage situation involving yours truly. And if that's not enough of a motivation for you, they've got the bartender too. Some Asian gentlemen appear to want compensation for a few yachts they claim we destroyed, do you, erm, know anything about that? Whatever, just, come quickly, and come unarmed. These bastards mean it."
- — Phone call from unknown number, after killing all of the yacht hijackers.
- "That was amazing, next time I'm taken hostage, you're my first port of call. Now, let's get back to the yacht."
- — After reaching the captain and bartender.
- "Listen, mate. I had no idea East Asia's biggest money laundering op kept its boats in the marina we hit. That whole situation got seriously out of hand, you almost lost your skipper and your mixologist in one fell swoop. Fatal to any operation. And quite apart from his truly horrifying breath, I reckon that arsehole would've killed us both even if you'd given him the money. Speaking of which, I reckon the salvage job is gonna earn us a pretty penny. Silver lining, eh?"
- — While returning the captain and bartender to the yacht.
- Traveling too far from the mission area results in a 10-second warning to return; failure to do so results in the player or team being wasted (costing a team life).
- Use of personal vehicles (specifically air vehicles) is limited, with the mission set to spawn personal aircraft in a location beyond the mission area and access to the Kosatka's moon pool vehicles, Avenger, etc. disabled.