|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
Salvage is a Superyacht Life mission in Grand Theft Auto Online as part of the Los Santos Summer Special update, released on August 11, 2020. It is given to players by Brendan Darcy, the captain of the player's Galaxy Super Yacht, and is available for 1 to 4 players.
Brendan Darcy informs the player that they have received a distress call from a sunken supply ship not far from the yacht's location, and is an opportunity to collect the sunken cargo. The player is directed to head to a dredge barge just south of the yacht and go underwater around the submerged shipwreck of an Olifantus. There are 10 provided Rebreathers to use for collecting the seven sunken cargo scattered around the sunken ship or the player can user their own Scuba Suit. The mission is set for 12 noon and the water is clear enough to see the seven containers quite clearly amongst the assorted debris on the seabed.
Once all of the cargo is collected, Brendan will congratulate the player for their work, then sounds of broken glass can be heard as Brendan reacts confused. He tells the mystery person to "not point that thing at me", announces he is the captain of the ship, then the transmission ends suddenly.
When the player returns to the ship, they will find that it has been invaded by the Kkangpae, both on the ship itself and circling the ship via Dinghies. After eliminating all of the hijackers, the player will receive a phone call from an unknown number, but Brendan will be on the other end of the line, explaining that he and the bartender have been taken hostage by the Kkangpae as revenge for destroying their yachts. They are being held on the end of a peninsula near Cape Catfish, and the player must reach them while fending off attackers and keeping a far distance from the hostage site, otherwise they will be executed. Once the enemies have been eliminated, the player collects the hostages and Brendan and the bartender will follow them to any waiting watercraft to return to the yacht, where the mission concludes.
Brendan Darcy's Dialogue
- — Shortly after starting the mission.
- — When arriving at the salvage location.
- — While collecting the cargo.
- — After collecting all of the cargo.
- — Phone call from unknown number, after killing all of the yacht hijackers.
- — After reaching the captain and bartender.
- — While returning the captain and bartender to the yacht.
- Traveling too far from the mission area results in a 10-second warning to return; failure to do so results in the player or team being wasted (costing a team life).
- Use of personal vehicles (specifically air vehicles) is limited, with the mission set to spawn personal aircraft in a location beyond the mission area and access to the Kosatka's moon pool vehicles, Avenger, etc. disabled.