|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Right, boss. If you're looking for a chance to get your feet wet in the captain's chair, it's here. Now. No pressure obviously, but if you don't come right away there might be some serious paperwork involved..."
Overboard is a Superyacht Life mission in Grand Theft Auto Online as part of the Los Santos Summer Special update, released on August 11, 2020. It is given to players by Brendan Darcy, the captain of the player's Galaxy Super Yacht, and is available from 1 to 4 players.
Time is frozen at 12 midday.
Brendan Darcy informs the player that someone has snuck onboard of the ship and stolen documents classifying him and the player as "permanent residents of international waters" as well as the yacht's jetskis. The players must head to the thieves' last known location in the Vespucci Canals, take all of them out, and retrieve the documents.
After killing the thieves and retrieving the documents, Brendan informs the player that they were part of the yacht club in Puerto Del Sol, so as revenge, Brendan requests that the player head to the yacht club and sink their boats. There are 10 boats parked around marina to be destroyed, and one of them may sail out and moor off Vespucci Beach. All of this is done while the player has an inescapable wanted level and will also be targeted by Security Guards at the yacht club. There is a provided Jerry Can pickup that can be used to set the boats on fire, but the boats can be destroyed by other means.
After all boats are destroyed and the player loses their wanted level, the mission is complete.
Brendan Darcy's Dialogue
- "Well, you couldn't've stopped by at a better time, boss. Some bozos snuck on board, snatched the paperwork that classifies us as permanent residents of international waters, and made off on our jetskis. We don't get 'em back, we're gonna get the biggest IRS bill of all time. So how about it? If you want to see what it's like to be me, go off and take 'em out. Last I saw the bastards, they were headed off towards the Vespucci Canals."
- ―Shortly after starting the mission.
- "I mean, I bet you thought me and the bartender had a pretty easy run of it out here on the ocean wave, but honestly, the crapola I have to deal with on a daily basis. I might as well be the captain of a giant floating magnet for every protester, pirate, rival one-percenter and corrupt official in the state. Glad to see you walking a mile or two in my shoes. Seriously, mate."
- ―Before arriving at the Canals.
- "Did you get the paperwork? Alright that's a good start, but we're not going to let them keep the rest of those skis, are we?"
- ―After collecting the paperwork.
- "Alright, I'll send out some crew to pick up the skis. In the meantime, allow me to introduce you to a vital part of a captain's day-to-day work in the waters of Los Santos... enforcing the nautical pecking order. Those arseholes all members of a Yacht Club down at Puerto Del Sol. The naval code dictates we head over there, and put their boats where they belong... at the bottom of the drink. Trust me, this is the fun part. "
- ―After killing all of the thieves.
- "Well, if the plumes of smoke are anything to go by, I'd say we've sent our message. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you to lose the cops if they're after you. And if that wasn't fun enough on its own, the insurance money for those skis should make this all worth our while. It's a captain's life, eh, boss? Let's do this again sometime!"
- ―Once all the boats are destroyed.