|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Well, boss. You've got one last lesson in the art of seamanship. At the end of the day, it is a captain's duty to always tie up loose ends. And in our case, that may or may not involve submarines, sea mines and an amphibious assault. All in a day's work by now, eh?"
D-Day is a Superyacht Life mission in Grand Theft Auto Online as part of the Los Santos Summer Special update, released on August 11, 2020. It is given to players by Brendan Darcy, the captain of the player's Galaxy Super Yacht, and is available from 1 to 4 players.
Time will be frozen at 19:40.
Brendan Darcy informs the player that the boss of the money laundering outfit they've been fighting is staying on a securely defended yacht, but Brendan has set up a way to sneak past their defenses using a Kraken submersible. The sub is next to a Barge near the edge of the rival yacht's defensive zone which is being patrolled by multiple Dinghies. Once the player arrives and enters the sub, Brendan will tell them that they should stay low to avoid detection, but the gang has also set up sea mines as well.
When entering the yacht's defense zone, a Detected and Depth meter will appear on the player's HUD, showing their detection by the yacht defenses and their depth in the water (which will decrease as the player descends). If the depth meter reaches above the halfway point, the detection meter will slowly increase and the sub will beep until the player moves back down to the proper level, then which the detection meter will decrease. A safe depth is around 275-350ft. The surrounding water marked with a red zone on the map is patrolled by boats, which is why the player must stay below the surface. While descended and avoiding the defenses, there will also be plenty of sea mines scattered around to avoid.
When the player comes close enough to the yacht (marked on the map with a yellow zone), they will have to ascend to the surface and board the ship, where they will face multiple enemies. When all enemies onboard have been killed, the Boss will attempt to board a helicopter and escape. The player will then have to chase down the helicopter, which is being escorted by two other helicopters. Enemy forces in pairs of Dinghies will also join the chase of the choppers. Gunners in the sides of the escort helicopters are armed with RPGs. The health of the target Maverick is shown on-screen. After the helicopter is destroyed and the Boss is killed, Brendan will exclaim that they should collect the bounty that was on his head, and the mission is complete.
Brendan Darcy's Dialogue
- "Well, boss, fun as it's been, what say we put this rivalry to bed? The head honcho of that money laundering outfit we've been scrapping with is on some mega-secure yacht not far from here. And I've found us a sub we can use to dip under his defenses. Head over there and get it. We're going down under... so to speak."
- ―Shortly after starting the mission.
- "Just because they don't know you're coming, doesn't mean this is going to be easy. They're really dug in, so you can expect mines once you reach critical depth. Just take it slow!"
- ―After entering the Kraken.
- "Imagine the look on all your rich pals faces when you tell 'em this is how you spent your time. Most of them just use their yachts for sex par... I'm not going to go there, a captain's discretion's all he's got."
- ―While approaching the yacht.
- "They go low, we go even lower! By the look of the radar, you're good to surface. Stay close to the yacht!"
- ―When reaching the yacht.
- "As soon as he'd dead, get out of there! Believe me, you don't want to stick around this crime scene!"
- ―While surfacing.
- "You can bet this feller won't got down with the ship! If he's got a chopper, he'll be on it at the first sign of trouble. The defenses are down, so if that happens, get the fastest boat you can and get after him. This is our one chance!"
- ―After all enemies onboard have been killed.
- "Is that it? Is he dead? You tangoed with the wrong captain, matey! Admiral Brendan Darcy takes not one bit of shit from the likes of you! Best of all, that bastard had a bounty on his head, what do you say? Do our civic duty and collect it?"
- ―After the Boss is killed.
- "Well, boss, I'd say your captain's training is complete. Top marks, best in class. And to mark your graduation from the Brendan Darcy Naval Academy, I've left a little something for you in your wardrobe. Trust me, you might as well throw away all the other stuff you wear. Now, life out here being what it is, I'll still have the occasional bit of business to do in future, so don't be a stranger"
- ―Post-mission phone call advising of the rewards for completion of the mission sequence.