- Toshiko: "My husband is furious. He wonders how you come to know when and where to attack him so precisely."
- Toni: "Unless he's a fool, he'll work it out soon enough."
- Toshiko: "Then, perhaps we should help him. His men gossip like old women. Let's give them something to talk about..."
- —Toshiko Kasen and Toni Cipriani before she takes him out for a night on the town
A Date With Death is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Toshiko Kasen, the wife of Yakuza leader Kazuki Kasen, from her apartment in Torrington, Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Toshiko informs Toni that his actions have infuriated her husband. Toni realises that he will soon find out, so Toshiko says they'll give his men something to talk about, by going to the opera. Toni gets her limousine and drives them to the Mr. Benz clothing store, where he changes into a tuxedo. They then drive to the opera house in Fort Staunton and watch the opera. Unbeknownst to them, they are spotted by a member of the Forelli Family. After the performance, Toni and Toshiko exit the opera house, where they are confronted by Forelli hitmen. Toni kills the hitmen (including one who is damaging Toshiko's limousine). They are chased by more hitmen and the police, but manage to evade them and return to Toshiko's apartment. When they return to the apartment, a Yakuza member spots them and quickly drives off.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Bring Toshiko's car round
- Pick up Toshiko
- Get a change of outfit
- Get back in Toshiko's car
- Go to the Opera
- Protect Toshiko and kill the Forelli gangsters
- Escape in Toshiko's car
- Take Toshiko back to her apartment
- Various members of the Forelli Family - Killed by Toni for attempting to kill him and Toshiko, and for damaging Toshiko's limousine.
|PS2 Version||iOS Version|