- — San Fierro Police Officer
Tenpenny phones Carl, checking on him and how he's doing in San Fierro. Tenpenny then gives Carl a task to trouble a person who has been a nuisance to both him and Pulaski. Carl initially refuses, but once Tenpenny informs him that the person is a district attorney, he gladly does the task.
Carl goes to the Vank Hoff Hotel in the Financial district. Once there, he follows a valet to an underground parking lot, then he kills the valet in order to get his uniform, which is used as a disguise. Carl goes outside and waits for the D.A., who is arriving in a blue Merit. Once the D.A. has arrived in the valet space, Carl hops in the Merit and quickly drives to his garage, where he plants the drugs he bought from The Truth in the trunk of the Merit. He quickly returns to the underground parking lot without sustaining any damage whatsoever and goes to the valet space. Once there, Carl calls We Tip, saying that something highly suspicious is going on. Some SFPD policemen arrive shortly after, and search the DA and his car. They find the drugs in the car's trunk and arrest the district attorney.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- The D.A. is on his way to the Vank Hoff Hotel in downtown San Fierro. Get over there now.
- Follow the valet to the underground car park and waste him. Make sure no one is around.
- The valet is in the car park. Take him out while he's down there.
- Pick up the valet's uniform.
- Get to the valet carport and wait with the other valets.
- Identify and enter the D.A.'s car when it arrives.
- You're in the D.A.'s car. Get over to the Garage where the drugs will be planted.
- The drugs are planted. Take the car to the valet's car park.
- Park the car in the marked parking space.
- A valet is coming to return the D.A.'s car. Get outside the valet car park and call the cops.
There is no reward for completing this mission, but the mission Deconstruction is unlocked. The Valet asset missions are also unlocked, and the Valet outfit is sent to the wardrobe. Carl is free to initiate the Valet missions with the outfit worn anytime when not on a mission.
- On the PS2 version, a glitch may occur whereby the DA won't appear until the "Mission Failed" screen appears, telling the player that they have "destroyed the DA's car".
- Sometimes when parking the car in the car park after planting the drugs, it will despawn and the mission will fail, claiming that the player destroyed the car. This is similar to the dumper glitch in the mission Explosive Situation.
- Occasionally, while traveling back to the car park after having planted the drugs, once in the area of the car park, the mission will fail, claiming that the player was spotted wasting the valet even if they are not spotted when doing so. (Seen in PS2 and PC versions)
- The cause of this glitch is apparently when the player collects the icon to steal the valet's clothes and proceeds to move while the camera fades to black. The player must remain still and next to the valet's body as the screen's image returns and the player needs to make sure the valet's body is visible before leaving the parking lot, otherwise this glitch will occur.
- After parking the car in the parking lot, the DA will be waiting in front of the hotel. The player can kill him as long as they don't walk into the marker; doing so will not fail the mission. Instead, another DA will spawn inside the car during the last cutscene and will be arrested as normal, while the corpse will remain there until the mission's completion.
- If the player crashes into the street light (thus destroying it) located at the front of the valet space before calling We Tip, Carl can be seen leaning on air later in the cutscene.
- The DA's car is not always the third to arrive at the garage.
- On rare occasions, after the first car arrives, it will take a long time for another to arrive.
- As the DA drives closer to the garage, he will be identified by another valet saying "Hey, that's the D.A. He's a good tipper."
- The dead valet's corpse (after his valet uniform has been seized by Carl) actually uses a different pedestrian model that can sometimes be encountered during vigilante missions. In addition, the corpse sometimes drops more money after Carl finishes changing his outfit, further hinting this fact.
- If the player parks multiple vehicles in front of the hotel, the valets will drive off with them and park them in the garage.
- If all of the valets drive off in other vehicles when the D.A. arrives, the player will still hear 'That's the D.A. he's a good tipper' even though CJ is the only one left. This appears not to be the case in the PS2 version.
- The subtitles state that the D.A.'s Merit is blue, though it is actually a dark teal color.
- The host of K-DST mentions the outcome of this mission: "You hear about that high-ranking prosecutor who was caught with all the weed? Jeez, man, what an asshole. Imagine keeping that much for your own personal stash."
- The D.A.'s Merit becomes all-proof after driving it back to the hotel parking lot. It can be obtained by shooting the valet who goes to get the car in the head with an assault rifle, then driving it back to the garage and destroy it by capsizing it with another vehicle (the Forklift that spawns in Easter Basin is the ideal choice) or by entering it when Carl is on fire. Do note that the mission MUST be failed due to the destruction of the car, otherwise the AP feature will be lost.
- This mission is similar to TLAD side mission Knowing Me, Knowing You, in both we will have to take a car to a distant place so that can be manipulated and return it in good condition avoiding suspects.