- — Description at Bawsaq.com.
Übermacht (German for 'Predominance' or 'Overpower') (BAWSAQ: UMA) is a German automotive and heavy construction equipment company featured in the HD Universe of Grand Theft Auto. It is likely a parody of the German automobiles manufacturer BMW. The player can buy stocks from them in the Bawsaq.com website in GTA V.
The term Übermacht is German for "supremacy" or "superior", likely a jab at real-life BMW owners having a feeling of superiority over the other marques when driving. An Oracle ad parodying BMW's ad style is seen on billboards around Liberty City, including one at Star Junction.
Übermacht is heavily influnced by the German automaker BMW, which most Übermacht vehicles take primary influence from (except for the Revolter, which is based on a Cadillac vehicle). The vehicles also lack the iconic "kidney grille" that BMW is very known for.
However, unlike BMW, Übermacht doesn't manufacture motorbikes. Instead, they manufacture heavy machinery and construction equipment like tower cranes which can be seen at construction sites in Grand Theft Auto V. These construction cranes might be based on Liebherr Group, a Swiss equipment manufacturer which makes tower cranes distributed in Los Angeles by Morrrow.
|Image||Vehicle||Style||Based on (HD Universe)||Notes|
The Cypher in Grand Theft Auto Online.
|Cypher||2-door sports coupe||BMW M2 (F87)||Added in the Los Santos Tuners update for Grand Theft Auto Online.|
The Oracle in Grand Theft Auto V.
|Oracle||Executive sedan||BMW 6 Series Gran Coupé|
The Oracle XS in Grand Theft Auto V.
|Oracle XS||Executive sedan||BMW 7 Series (E65)||Named Oracle in Grand Theft Auto IV. Renamed to Oracle XS in Grand Theft Auto V after the Heists Update.|
The Rebla in Grand Theft Auto IV.
|Rebla||SUV||BMW X3 E83||Grand Theft Auto IV exclusive.|
The Rebla GTS in Grand Theft Auto Online
|Rebla GTS||SUV||BMW X5 G05||Added in The Diamond Casino Heist update for Grand Theft Auto Online.|
The Revolter in Grand Theft Auto Online
|Revolter||Luxury sports sedan||Cadillac Escala Concept||Added in The Doomsday Heist update for Grand Theft Auto Online.|
The SC1 in Grand Theft Auto Online.
|SC1||Sports car||BMW M1 Homage Concept
|Added in The Doomsday Heist update for Grand Theft Auto Online.|
The Sentinel in Grand Theft Auto IV.
The Sentinel in Grand Theft Auto V.
|Sentinel||Convertible coupe||BMW 330ci (E46) (GTA IV)
BMW 335i Cabrio (E93) (GTA V)
|Also available in a modified "XS" variant only in Grand Theft Auto IV.|
The Sentinel Classic in Grand Theft Auto Online.
|Sentinel Classic||Sports car||BMW M3 E30||Added in The Doomsday Heist update for Grand Theft Auto Online.|
The Sentinel XS in Grand Theft Auto V.
|Sentinel XS||Sports coupe||BMW M3 E92||Based on the Sentinel.|
The Zion in Grand Theft Auto V.
|Zion||Sports coupe||BMW M6 E63|
The Zion Cabrio in Grand Theft Auto V.
|Zion Cabrio||Sports cabriolet||BMW M6 Convertible (E64)||Based on the Zion.|
The Zion Classic in Grand Theft Auto Online.
|Zion Classic||Classic sports coupe||BMW M635CSi E24||Added in the The Diamond Casino & Resort update for Grand Theft Auto Online.|
|1980s-2000s?||Diamond shape with red backing and stylized U and M letters as teeth from top and bottom.||Vehicle badge for Sentinel Classic and Zion Classic.|
|2000s-2012?||Diamond shape with magenta backing and stylized U and M letters as teeth from top and bottom. The logo is applied upside down on all vehicles ingame it is used on.||Vehicle badge for Oracle, Oracle XS, Rebla, Sentinel, Sentinel XS, Zion, and Zion Cabrio.|
|1980s-2012?||Diamond shape with stylized U and M letters as teeth from top and bottom.||Variations used on advertising for the Oracle, Sentinel Classic and Zion Classic.|
|19XX-2012?||Text logo is a custom typeface resembling the teeth on the logo icons.||Vehicle badge for Oracle and Rebla, in badge textures but unused for the Sentinel, Sentinel XS, Zion, and Zion Cabrio.|
|2013-?||Circle with blue backing and stylized U and M letters as teeth from top and bottom.||Appears on advertising for the Zion.|
|2013-?||Modern text logo using the Sackers Gothic typeface.||Used on Übermacht contruction cranes, advertisements for the Zion and Revolter, and used on the Ubermacht livery for the Zion Classic.|
|2013-?||Circle with stylized U and M letters as teeth from top and bottom.||Used on Übermacht contruction cranes, catalog book cover and a red version used on a Sentinel XS advert.|
|2017-?||Black circle with bright blue backing with chrome dividing and stylized U and M letters as teeth from top and bottom.||Vehicle badge for the Revolter, SC1, Rebla GTS, and Cypher.|
|???||Black and white diamond shape with the old Übermacht text inside as well as a rounded logo with a different teeth design, resembling the U and M more closely.||Unused ingame. Only found at GTA V's lead graphic designer; Steven Walsh's portfolio website.|
- There is an advert for the Zion in Morningwood with the text "DISOBEY", and under it "The Design of Driving" which is a hint of its rivalry with Obey, which may be a parody of a billboard rivalry between BMW and Audi in Los Angeles around 2007. Another one is placed on top of a building in Downtown Vinewood, coincidentally placed in front of an Obey billboard.
- The Oracle, Sentinel and Rebla represent the original BMW model lineups (7-series, 3-series and X-series).
- The names of four Übermacht vehicles could be reference to the movie The Matrix. The Oracle is a reference to the computer program that helps humans fight the machines, the Zion is a reference to the last human city, the Sentinel is a reference to the machines the humans are at war with, and the Cypher is a reference to the character who became a traitor to the protagonist group.
- The Zion and the Sentinel appear to be sister vehicles, the Sentinel appears to be a smaller version of the Zion and the vehicles share similar design cues. Similarly to the real life version, the BMW 6 series appears to be a bulkier, more luxurious BMW 3 series convertible.
- The Übermacht's slogan "The Design Of Driving" is a pun to the real-life BMW's "Sheer Driving Pleasure".
- Sentinel Tuning Division (STD) - a division of Übermacht.